Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Jumping to deck B hot cue outside of Automix

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi, i am really struggling with something really simple!! I want to play track 1 in Deck A and when it gets to cue point X then jump to cue point Y in track 2 on Deck B and play. I want to set this up outside of automix if at all possible. Many thanks

Inviato Sun 24 May 20 @ 4:29 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Timeline-ish project?
initial track: Action poi, action is

action_deck 1 ? deck 2 hot_cue X : deck 1 hot_cue X

this is the super simple version [smart enough not to care what deck you start from] , there's a bit more needed if you only want this to only act in certain scenarios.

Inviato Sun 24 May 20 @ 4:39 pm
Thanks very much for the quick reply, what you suggested did what i asked. I should also have said that i wanted to pause the currently playing track. I have therefore created the following action POI that works from either deck as a starting point, where X is the POI on the 'other deck' that i want to jump to, whilst pausing the currently playing deck:

pause & action_deck 1 ? deck 2 hot_cue X : deck 1 hot_cue X

and it works so thanks for you help!! (we all have to start somewhere :-). I struggled to find some REALLY basic examples of this kind, is there anywhere you could suggest i look for beginner stuff?? Thanks again

Inviato Mon 25 May 20 @ 8:38 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@ukmarkfoster Ney problem, as a beginner it's tricky line to tread, the best resource for script information is the wiki but it's super dry technical document that reads like you can read super dry technical documents and hold lots of new information in your head at once.
Not great for beginners.

Then there's this thread
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/223743/General_Discussion/Script_School.html?page=1
Very slow going, the guy who started it must like the sound of his own voice,
best bet is scan read both, have a bit of a poke around at scripts [It sticks better when you "do" rather than just read] and when you do get stuck ask for help [you'll usually get a better reply if you can say, I tried this and it didn't work] rinse and repeat

Inviato Mon 25 May 20 @ 9:37 am
Fantastic response again, many thanks for the sources, will do as you suggest, cheers

Inviato Mon 25 May 20 @ 11:17 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)