Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Searching is stuck tells me Get Status - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Like I said, send him a link. Drop him a PM with a link to the file(s).

Inviato Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 4:18 pm
ok ill google it... dunno anything about linking

thanks

found one drive uploading it and hopefully he cant help
thanks groove

Inviato Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 4:23 pm
im pretty sure hes busy i did sent him a link

i did try renaming Database to olddatabase

and i re ran Virtual DJ i added to search Database.. so it made my 223 meg file down to 42 meg

but when i Search like "insane" it gets stuck in the "Searching" mode it did cancel sometimes but then gets stuck in "Browsing" mode for 20 min so i do all my searchs now from "Windows File Explorer" and dont search in VDJ i just browse.. as it locks up and i cant switch out of it...
now it shouldnt matter but i have it as Mapped X: on my server and if i copy files to the music drive i copying at 110-120megs a second so there shouldnt be an issue for accessing database

i also did i moved the Database from my X: to the Documents folder of my Windows and it also Froze in the "Searching" and thats on a SSD so its faster then mechanical drive... so is it because i have lot of files... or something

Inviato Mon 13 Jul 20 @ 1:42 am
and is there no way to load the entire database into ram.. so it loads it into ram when doing searchs etc it reads the ram.. when you save a cue or so it writes it to the database file.. but keeps the ram since its fastest... and since we have computers running 16 32gb or ram a 200 meg file be nothing so it could load entire database to ram all searchs be fast and not locking up 30 min with this current search i did.. other day was 1 hour it was frozen for.. yet connected to fast connection to the hard drive

and then settings for search when says path name is it actually looking in the database or is it looking at the physical location.. either way still slow and i dont know why should be fast as a cheeta

Inviato Mon 13 Jul 20 @ 4:33 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The database is loaded entirely into ram on startup.
I tried your database here, and the problem doesn't seem to be with the database itself.
VirtualDJ loaded in less than a few seconds here, and searches returned instantly.
* returned 220000 files, so the database was fully loaded, other searches seemed to return correct results as well.

While "Searching" is displayed there should also be no disk access required, so I'm not exactly sure yet what it might be stuck at, I'll do some more digging.

Inviato Mon 13 Jul 20 @ 6:46 am
could it be a plugin from VDJ7 days as i transistion.. its just gotton worse.. i tried today Searching as stuck for an hour and clicking a Virtual Folder cancels the Searching but then it locks up the Browsing

what ill do is ill upload my Documents\Virtual DJ folder to the OneDrive and then link it to you in an email maybe its a plugging causing this issue then you have exact copy i working with

i can choose Virtual Folders when i dont do a search you can load up songs you can choose.. but as soon as i do Search im, screwed... but ill upload it today and let you know maybe you can or programmers etc can see what it is

Inviato Mon 13 Jul 20 @ 2:23 pm
What you could try is rename your Documents\VirtualDJ folder (and the VirtualDJ folder on your other drives) temporarily to be sure you start fresh.
Then open VDJ again, add your music folder to the database and try a search then.

Inviato Mon 13 Jul 20 @ 2:26 pm
ok ill try that... and get back to you later today

Inviato Mon 13 Jul 20 @ 2:28 pm
ok so i tested it.. renamed documents virtual DJ and my X: drives virtual folder
i re ran virtual dj and had it add the music... took a while so did other things
when was done i tested it seems to work.. i closed program and reloaded did searches... yes no issues..

i then decided to test folders i kept the Virtual DJ documents but i renamed the x: drives(Oldvirtualdj) to (Virtual DJ) so it load up my 200 meg database and my folders
and retested.. also that seems to be working fine.. i only tested 5 min. but its working better

so i uploaded my virtual dJ documents folder to that one drive i sent in my email... maybe you guys can check by loading that up which is causing issues..
i transisitioned from VDJ7 and also in past i done the downloading packs etc for vdj 8

and now i do the extensions and download directly from the VDJ 8 program

it was soso a year ago and this year gotten bad.. and like 2 weeks ago or so i was updating more of the extensions "Install" and 'Updates" for like the Beats video effects etc.. i wanted to try.. and like i mentioned Saturday was really bad it froze Instantly in "Searching" with a clean slate its working fine with my virtual folders

maybe you guys can test my virtual folder and see what Plugin features is causing that issues.. if its the new plugins or if its the old pluggins..

but its finally working.. as i never thought to try a clean install.. when working at the bar and vdj kept freezing up like this i was glad i had a 2nd laptop with less plugins as it wasnt my main for doing video effects.. etc so it would never have an issue

but hopefully you can find which thing is causing that freezing.. and it should freeze up on you... also i added a july11th folder to show how long Searching was stuck on for at least

Inviato Mon 13 Jul 20 @ 7:08 pm
Did you ever get this figured out? It has been happening to me the last couple weeks. I have to run Spotify to cover while I start VDJ over again. Really frustrating.

I will try to do a fresh start and see what happens.

I have over 600k database. I know. It’s too many tracks. I am working on condensing to one performance drive to take to gigs and leaving master collection at home.

Inviato Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 7:05 pm
Can you check with the latest update (build 6042) what the tooltip on the 'Searching' display says while it is stuck?

Inviato Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 7:07 pm
djljnitro no i never got it fixed yet..
im running latest virtual dj.. and when you slide mouse over Search..g all it says is Searching doesnt give any info

i have tried renaming the Virtual dj folder in documents starting clean and new plugins and my old database didnt work
i tried renamging the virtual dj folder in documents . starting clean no pluggins and my old database didnt work
i going to try a clean new database new and blank no pluggins and try again
i emailed addion this morning to check with the programers i think for me it cant handle the database and locks up and an option like a Ctrl +C to force it to stop searching/browsing as it locks up Browsing too.. and gives no status other then Searching reallly.. but nothing yet..
for me it frozen up after 1 hour of playing and searching and i was thinking it might be buffering and like how windows works if you open too many IE or Chrome it gets unresponsive till you start closing tabs to clean out the memory its hogging and buffering to run smooth again.. thats my idea that maybe virtual dj isnt cleaning out the memory.. but that was 1 idea..

but ya nothings worked yet... as i know my database is 200 meg ish with the cues.. but a clean database one with no cues is about 40 megish... but going to try next saturday when i stream again a clean setup and a clean database to see if it locks up.. as she will stay stuck for 10 -60 min stuck in Searching.. and my only way to work for me is i use Windows File Explorer do a search of the songs i wanna play then drag them into virtual DJ.. as it will still play.. but the Searching/Browsing is locked in an endless loop till it exits or clears out its memory or whatever.. what i also do is set in Windows File Explorer to display BPM it helps so i can try to match some of the songs and then what i do is when it does start working again it stops Searching/Browising i dont do any searchs for at least 10 min if i dont it will lock up again sometimes for another 10 min or longer or somethimes 30 seconds it varies so i hold off and then it seems to freshred and i can go again searching..

but so far nothings fixed for me yet.. i also made sure just used default skin as i thought maybe skin was doing it too...

Inviato Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 8:11 pm
oh and check your ram how much is drawing in Task manager when it locks up for you.. i was asked to check.. just checking my emails
see if its high or so.. i will retry playing music before saturday and take screen grabs of the task manager for the ram..

but i recall a couple months ago or so it wsa only like 200 meg or something but this issues been acting up for me a couple years now.. just recently has gotten worse in the past year real bad reason i would run 2 laptops at the bar.. when main system locked up in Searching.. id flip to the backup laptop till the main returned or i had to restart vdj to get it to work again
but ya check your ram and post it to see see maybe programmers know if its drawing high ram etc

Inviato Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 8:17 pm
Here are screen shots from now... I am just trying to view a filter folder and it got stuck in browsing phase. It appears to be reading some of the drives at only 2 MB/s when you click on a folder. It eventually came up with the results after a while.

Edit.. I have to figure out how to attach image.

Inviato Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 11:33 pm
when you write there is a attach image on the right side above the SAVE

also what i been doing was using MS OneDrive to post bigger files..
but your screen shot can be with the little Picturee beside the 2 A's

Inviato Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 12:01 am
so it locked up again but i was trying to recreate the error.. so i using my Database, my Virtual Folders but a clean setup..

i forgot to do the memory task manager and i didnt bother taking pics as i sent before and you see locks up least 20 30 min

so im guessing issue is something saved in the Database itself with all the cue points etc

Adion
also i was streaming and i heard a door bell sound figure probably in a song... found out afterwards my radio server streaming stopped and i had to restart it.. does it make a door bell sound when loss of internet sa and streaming is lost... is there a way to add to all VDJ skins you know a ON AIR light you see for radio etc.. is there a way to add to Virtual DJ so ON AIR in Red be lit up on top screen.. and if your stream disconnects without you pressing the STOP Broadcast.. it would display OFF AIR say On Air be nice and red so i dont have to constantly check streaming website or check the Broadcast that i still streaming.. is there a way or add in plugin to show im still ON Air when i am and Off Air if i loose connection

Inviato Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 7:18 pm
so i been not bad all summer but now its back to having issues... it was stuck in searching endless loop then i click a different folder and she was stuck again first few i did snipping tool and i didnt have the mouse over the browsing.. but it was for Oldies... and then it was stuck for long time then i did the print screen and you see it finally moved to a different folder i had... its like it was stuck in a loop then a que. as it remember the last folder i selected.. and then it was a while .. and after my last picture i took it stopped browsing... after 5 min after the last screen shot
it be nice to have a Force Cancel button that stops VDJ to exit out of the endless loop its stuck in .. like a CTRL+C or a CTRL +X to get out of python scripts or other loops etc.. i also took a task manager screen shot too.... but i dunno what causes it but i had to use File Explorer to search what i wanted and slide it up as it would still play it was just stuck ... but it be nice to do a Force Cancel Searching/Browsing something to kill that command

i cleaned up all dead links etc in my database

Inviato Sun 15 Nov 20 @ 7:22 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)