Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual dj 8.5 5922 crashes - Page: 5
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Adion wrote :
A fault in VirtualDJ that appears to be triggered only by a specific file / rare condition.

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 10:53 am
Dan (djtouchdan) wrote :
It debunks nothing. You should read had VDJ 2021 uses graphics cards.

As I said. I’m not saying VDJ can’t apply a patch to stop the crashing. What I’m saying is if the driver is uninstalled and it then works, (as Pari M has indicated) points to a driver issue.

Uninstalling and going back to 2020 also proves nothing. That’s like saying Windows XP runs so much better on my $2000 laptop than Windows 10. Of course, it requires a tiny amount of processing power in comparison. Of course it would run faster.

Allow me to disagree. And don't try to treat everyone else as they don't know anything about computers. Some VDJ users may even be IT professionals as well, you know? The issue clearly lies on VDJ 2021. You said it yourself when you wrote that I should have read how VDJ 2021 uses graphics cards. Not the other way around. In my case, I have a 1 month old Asus ZenBook Duo which has all drivers updated to the latest versions. I have reverted the graphics drivers to older versions and the crashes still happen. If VDJ 2021 crashes regardless and 2020 does not, then it IS the program's fault, not the drivers, unless the computer itself restarts, freezes or shows a BSOD. Stop trying to blame every user's computers, old(er) or new(er). Something on VDJ code was changed that is causing the crashes. End of. The dev team just needs to work on the code to revert whatever is causing the program to crash and release an update.

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 7:09 pm
Hello to you !
For my part, I managed to solve the problem of freeze and crash of virtual dj 2021 by uninstalling my intel HD graphics driver, then cleaning with "display driver uninstaller", reboot the pc offline, then, installation the latest Intel HD drivers previously downloaded (before uninstalling) from the intel site. Results, no more worries! at the software level.

On the other hand, I noticed that with the ddj sx2 controller, when I leave the "stems pad" activated instead of the "hotcue" page, the white ring in the middle of decks lag. It seems that it is the blinking effect of the pads which is problematic. If I switch to another pad page (slicer or sampler,...), no more worries about controller ring lag.

Inviato Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 2:55 pm
@agaianor I see u are using the 630 Intel...I am using the 620 but am curious of the driver version u are using...as u said u got it from the Intel website...it should be the dch universal drivers...and the program u used to remove the driver before u reinstalled it...where is this available? And which build on vdj are u on currently? Thanks in adv

Inviato Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 9:28 pm
Hello, I am using the 06/26/2020 version 27.20.100.8336 DCH Windows 10 64 bit.

Display driver uninstaller (DDU) official download (it's safe) : https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Before use this :

1.download de intel hd driver for your matérial,
2. turn off connection,
3. manually uninstall intel hd drivers by device manager,
4. manually uninstall intel hd drivers in the control panel if they are still there.
5. run pc in safe mode
6. run DDU and make cleaning (see DDU tutorial on youtube)
7. reboot pc in normal mode with the connection turn off (to prevent windows update from installing the driver automatically),
8. install the new intel hd drivers previously downloaded.

Inviato Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 8:09 am
Ok cool it seems that driver has been updated to 8476...
I am curious of your 'tests',did u just play for a certain time and got no crashes...can u try 3 things for me that sort of 'pushed' mine to freezing?
1.click as much dropdown or button options as possible right after the other
2.quickly change between windowed maximized and minimized view
3.end virtualdj task in processes in task manager and see if your PC remains without freeze.

Now I have a bit of different results...I booted in to safe mode,ran the tool(I let the tool uninstall,I did not do it anywhere else 1st),the tool prompted shutdown,I then rebooted again in safe mode and ran the latest driver from site install.rebooted and thought that it was sorted..tested with the troubleshoots above,it freezed.
So I rebooted in safe mode and ran the tool again,but installed the working(in my case) manufacturer latest driver...so at this point normally the driver reaches back to the non working latest version through win update(if I dont hide the updates) and my 3rd party (trusted for years) driver update software....but this time...there was 1 update through win update and the date is 2008(the version starts with 23.xxx)
Now I cannot say if the tool has caused the laptop to not 'accept' generic or drivers that can work incorrectly with my machine OR if win update has pulled the dch driver from their catalog or pertaining to my laptop specifically...but that new 'latest' driver also works as the even less recent manufacturer driver did..
Now I did this process last night and win update sometimes screw up after time..so I will recheck for updates and see if there are any changes...will appreciate if u can report here of the 3 tests I suggested u try..thanks again..
We really need this issue to be laid to rest

Inviato Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 12:21 pm
Hello DJ Pari M. I was able to test the stability of the software during two days of work where I had to put music and karaoke. That's approximately twelve hours of bug-free testing and a few extra hours at home. I used Virtual DJ 2021 with a ddj sx2 controller during this period.

For the tests you have asked :

1. No bug, no freeze
2. No bug and freeze
3. No bug and freeze

(Before the manipulation that I described above, I had exactly the same bugs as you. Are you sure you have manually uninstalled your drivers as described above before using DDU and everything, out of the connection? I install the new driver downloaded in normal mode and not in safe mode.)

Inviato Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 3:39 pm
No I did the uninstall using the ddu itself...which procedure did u use...through the device manager?
For now...I am staying away from that Intel driver from their website...unless prompted to install by other means..right now the only prompt will come from the Intel driver assistant program which I have uninstalled as I think it may force driver updates blindly to my system..but when I get time..for the forum's sake...I will mirror your procedure and report back here..thanks again!

Inviato Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 3:50 pm
OK..I followed all the steps in the same way you did..and I am still getting freezes...
I hope this does not happen to you as I am glad u found a solution on your end...but just in case it crashes/freezes again...let us know ok...
I have had to re revert to my latest working driver

Inviato Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 7:07 pm
Strangely enough, no word from the mods and/or devs in such a long time... I wonder if they've finally realised they f***ed up the software and decided to stop blaming the users and their setups...

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 7:48 pm
If it was the software, there would be way more people complaining. As it is, the vast majority of us have no problems whatsoever running VDJ 2021.

If it's only you, or a very small number of people, then it's much more likely to be an issue with the computer. Bad driver, incompatible app in the background etc.

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 8:19 pm
i think we should stay clear of the universal drivers on the intel site to avoid problems...i have installed the driver provided by laptop manufacturer...and updated driver through win update...and it's all smooth sailing now

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 9:18 pm
just a bit of an update on this subject...previously i had indicated that installing the laptop manufacturer(non dch drivers for windows) was the solution...
at the time of the bug..i installed the above driver and it was 22.xxx,
and with some windows updates etc it reaches to 23.xxx and vdj 2021 was solid.
i had blocked win update from going to the 27.xxx(dch drivers) for a while, and then unblocked it to troubleshoot after some time had passed...
checked for updates and did not get any further prompts from win update to go to 27.xxx,which indicated to me that microsoft may have pulled the update as it was problematic...
today out of the blue...i get an optional update from win update to update my driver to 27.20.100.8854 to be specific,i decided to install and try to replicate the freeze...and so far...it has not froze or anything out of the ordinary,i have not done a thorough test as yet,but the simple triggers of clicking dropdown boxes etc has not frozen vdj as yet...fingers crossed..nothing will.
alot of versions of vdj and the dch drivers have passed since the bug appeared to me..so i cannot put a finger on the exact cause..but just thought i should share this so u windows guys can update to the dch drivers(27.xx) and test also..peace

Inviato Sat 29 May 21 @ 3:56 am