Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rane Twelve deck swap issues...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm running a pair of Rane Twelves. When switching decks on the units from 1 to 3 on the left or 2 to 4 on the right, the deck that I switched from will occasionally stop, and either switching the Twelve back to the stopped deck, or a restart is all that will un-stick the deck. When the deck is stopped in this manner the skin buttons have no effect. The new issue is now if a track is loaded on a deck controlled by the Twelve, and I switch the Twelve off of that deck before starting the track playing, the deck is effectively locked up again. The skin play button will not work, however holding the cue button will allow momentary playback, and the hotcue buttons when held will do the same, again only switching the twelve back to the deck will unlock it. I mapped a custom button on the skin to monitor the status of the Twelve's deck block variable, and it is switching as intended.

Inviato Fri 24 Jul 20 @ 8:22 pm
Hi, i configurate with the rane 72 with deck 3 & 4 assigned to Channel 5&6 (same as the Sampler).
i can switch fluently from 1 to 3 or from 2 to 4.
the only thing who is missing is to switch the deck 3 to 1 on VDJ interface to make automaticly the 72 buttons switch.
For now just select the button next to sync (arrow to top) and the mixer will switch.
if the deck select button could do it at the same time it could be perfect. 4 deck with a 2 channel +1 mixer
Linked those two fuctions together as in the picture will be good

Inviato Thu 12 Nov 20 @ 2:20 pm
Boboccean wrote :
the only thing who is missing is to switch the deck 3 to 1 on VDJ interface to make automaticly the 72 buttons switch.
For now just select the button next to sync (arrow to top) and the mixer will switch.
if the deck select button could do it at the same time it could be perfect.

That's not possible due to FIRMWARE limitations of Rane Twelve

Inviato Thu 12 Nov 20 @ 10:21 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

That's not possible due to FIRMWARE limitations of Rane Twelve

Yeah! I suspected it a little bit.
blockage for serato probably by the time the commercial contract falls.
Anyway it's already very good like that.I can wait, good job VDJ as usual.

Inviato Sat 14 Nov 20 @ 12:20 pm
@zerozulubruv0 I don't have a twelve so not sure how they work, but could you try turning off timecode when a deck locks? If it works maybe you just need to turn it off as part of your swap mapping?

@boboccean can you use swap_deck 1 3 instead of that block mapping, ie, actually swap the decks in the software, rather than move the 12 to control deck 3 then swap the UI? timecode off & swap_deck 1 3 works well on vinyl control - on vinyl I have to disengage timecode too as the software can't tell the turntable to match the deck pitch.

Inviato Sun 15 Nov 20 @ 8:10 am
@techtich thanks for your help. i tried your recommedation, swap_button work perfectly with the Rane 72 not The twelve. I used MKI so MIDI signal not DVS or Timecode. I had to select the correct deck to controll the platter. As @PhanomDeejay said is cleraly FIRMWARE limitations of RANE. I Mapped a Keybord button it's Ok but not possible to do the same with deck select. Use thenm separetly not as a bloc to toggle is lacking. with SERATO only deck 1 and 2 are highlited when plugged on Rane Mixer. really expect In Music will do as for DENON full integration of VDJ on RANE Hardware

Inviato Mon 23 Nov 20 @ 12:41 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)