Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Broadcast radio... with a mixer too

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I am really, REALLY stuck.
I have been using Virtual DJ 2021 to broadcast my radio show.
I recently acquired a Citronic CDM 10:4 my 5.
I want to use 2 mics, and add a record player and control the volume from the mixer.
But I have absolutely no idea how to set this up to stream live using the mixer via VDJ.

I have searched the Internet, YouTube, etc, but I cannot find a guide for this complete idiot!

Just trying to set up a more professional’ studio.
Any help would be appreciated.

Inviato Sat 25 Jul 20 @ 8:18 pm
You'll need a USB interface to feed the audio from your mixer into a streaming software.

Inviato Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 2:19 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Dont have the device, but from its manual it seems that the mixer has 2 USB connections at the back that should appear in your computer as 2 separate sound cards.
As per the manual their channels could be used as Output or Input, but not sure how. For mixing VirtualDJ decks with the Citronic, you will need both of them set as outputs.

Connections: Both rear USB connected to computer.
VirtualDJ Audio setup should be like..
deck 1... 1st Citronic sound card (or whatever name appears as) ... Chans 1,2
deck 2... 2nd Citronic sound card (or whatever name appears as) .. Chans 1,2
(no other outputs or inputs)
Also you need Ch3 and Ch4 selectors at USB (top panel) ,so that audio from VirtualDJ Decks 1 and 2 to go though Mixer channels 3.4 of the Citronic.

As for the recording/broadcasting (including any Input, Microphone etc on the Citronic), you need a cable running from an Output of the Citronic (Master RCA output, Booth Output) to an Input of a USB Audio interface. If you dont have one, you can route to the Mic/Line Input of your computer;s built in sound card.
Once this connection is done, you can either use a 3rd party application to record this input (e.g. Audacity) or add this as a record loopback in VirtualDJ.
deck 1... 1st Citronic Audio ... Chans 1,2
deck 2... 2nd Citronic Audio .. Chans 1,2
record... Computer Builtin soundcard ... Chans 1,2

Inviato Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 11:38 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)