Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sort Order in Virtual Folders

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Another random query... how do you re-order subfolders within a virtual folder? I've created a top-level folder with a whole bunch of sub-folders inside it... all Virtual. But although I can rearrange the structure I can't see how to drag them into a different order... or even just have them alphabetical. Any clues?

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 9:17 pm
Ignore me... found it. Was holding the folders to the left when I dragged them instead of the right. Works now.

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 9:18 pm
OK my turn to ask a random Question about Virtual Folder order.

I can move a Virtual Subfolder to the TOP level, but do not know how to move a Virtual folder into another Virtual folder (without creating a new subfolder with same name, copying all the contents of the other folder and then deleting the orginal)

example: have virtual folders 70s 80s 90s etc would like to move them into a virtual folder call Decades.
Is that possible?

(without creating new a folder called 70s inside Decades, copying all the contents of 70s(old) to 70s(inside Decades), then deleting the original 70s virtual folder)

----------------------------------
PS a useful additional feature, would be for a virtual folder to turn to bold text, if a selected track, in the browser, is in that Virtual folder. So one can see if a track is already in a virtual folder and in which ones.

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 10:51 pm
You could consider a Filter Folder - or a series of them!

Using Decades as a Virtual Folder, create that;

Then create a Filter Folder of 60s - this is where it gets a bit complicated, as you need to understand scripting - it’s easier done than said, but write a script in the Filter Folder that will find all your 60s albums (you will need to take variants into consideration - Sixties, 60s and so on) and it will add them! Do the same thing with the 70s, 80s and 90s (and beyond, if you wish) - you can then either still play each decade separately in isolation within the folder, or you can right-click on the Virtual Folder, select Recurse, I think it is, and it will display the lot - you can then play them in any order - shuffle them and get a bit of everything - even use automix!

I did something like that for my Club Classics - I created a Virtual Folder (Club Classics) and created Filter Folders of the different types of dance music - disco, soul, funk, dance and modern music - play on shuffle at a gig and you have all sorts!

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 11:44 pm
.....or you could download the My Library addon, which is a whole collection of virtual and/or filter folders - including decades.

Inviato Fri 31 Jul 20 @ 6:23 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
And somehow fix it, as 2020 is a new decade comming ;)

Inviato Fri 31 Jul 20 @ 6:26 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :

PS a useful additional feature, would be for a virtual folder to turn to bold text, if a selected track, in the browser, is in that Virtual folder. So one can see if a track is already in a virtual folder and in which ones.

THIS!!! Yes, this. Definitely this.

Inviato Fri 31 Jul 20 @ 9:10 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
OK my turn to ask a random Question about Virtual Folder order.

I can move a Virtual Subfolder to the TOP level, but do not know how to move a Virtual folder into another Virtual folder (without creating a new subfolder with same name, copying all the contents of the other folder and then deleting the orginal)

example: have virtual folders 70s 80s 90s etc would like to move them into a virtual folder call Decades.
Is that possible?

(without creating new a folder called 70s inside Decades, copying all the contents of 70s(old) to 70s(inside Decades), then deleting the original 70s virtual folder)

I was using, putting a 70s virtual folder into another virtual folder called Decades as an example. Would like to know if that is possible.

For I would like to arrange/group virtual folders in a of a broader category, so the listing of is not so flat (ie so every folder is not at the top level)

and as mentioned .. its easy to move a subfolder out .. but cannot figureout how to move a folder to become a subfolder of an existing virtual folder.

Let me know if anyone knows how that can be done.

Thanks

Inviato Fri 31 Jul 20 @ 9:59 am
Have you been through the video tutorials? There are a couple that cover folders.

Inviato Fri 31 Jul 20 @ 10:06 am
have Watched videos about Virtual Folders, and Read the manual.

Was asking here since many times both of the Videos and the Manual skim over topics.. and asking here, since you guys find things I may have not discovered yet.

So wish there was an in depth manual for all details.. and can understand that is difficult with a constantly improving feature rich program as VDJ .. (would love to know more of the hidden features though)

PS:
Is there a place that discusses in more detail the features added to each update, besides the crib sheet in the change log?

For example here is current change log for early release. Would love more details about each line, (or as I call them hints in a hunt) for me each of the lines creates about 3+ questions.

BUILD 6059 (2020-08-06)

-Rane Twelve MKII support
-Rane Seventy Two MKII support
-Read INITIALKEY from ogg and flac tags
-Fix using 'file date' in filter folder
-Fix waveform refresh issue while stems loading on ddj-1000
-Improve video streaming on slower network connections
-Fix SandBox volume on DDJ-RZX
-Echo Out effect added
-Improved performance for various controllers
-Add silent_cue action
-Stems effect and Vocal color fx behave like normal effects (need to be turned on to take effect)
-Browser info view can show key, bpm and length next to cover if there's room, and shows if key is compatible
-Skin cover art drop-down menu has option to create precomputed stems file (when precomputeStems is set to only use precomputed)
-hasprecomputedstems for filter folders

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 10:49 pm
Many of those changes/fixes are the result of forum posts from users finding issues.

Yes, it's possible to put folders inside folders. Drag & drop (as shown in the video).

As I suggested earlier, download and install the My Library addon. It has many useful preconfigured filter/virtual folders.

Inviato Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 11:25 am
groovindj wrote :

Yes, it's possible to put folders inside folders. Drag & drop (as shown in the video).

Thank you GrovinDJ for your help. By any chance do you have a link to the video that shows how to drag & drop folders inside another?
Or any hints would be appreciated.

I have tried:
1) right and left mouse dragging
2) cntrl (KB) and right and left mouse dragging
3) alt (KB) and right and left mouse dragging
4) shift (KB) and right and left mouse dragging
5) cntrl + Alt (KB) and right and left mouse dragging
6) cntrl + shift(KB) and right and left mouse dragging
7) alt + shift (KB) and right and left mouse dragging
8) cntrl + alt + shift (KB) and right and left mouse dragging
9) shift (on Controller) and right and left mouse dragging
10) drag virtual folder from Left(Local Music) into a Sidebar Virtual Folder

Have not discovered the secret way to move the a Virtual folder inside another, yet.

The only way I know to move a Virtual folder into another Virtual folder is to:
1) CREATE a NEW Virtual folder Inside a Folder,
2) then COPY all from the outside folder,
3) and then delete the outside folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

groovindj wrote :
As I suggested earlier, download and install the My Library addon. It has many useful preconfigured filter/virtual folders.

I agree that the My Library addon is great. I have been using it. If only it was smarter then the tag metadata.

Inviato Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 8:28 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :

Have not discovered the secret way to move the a Virtual folder inside another, yet.

The only way I know to move a Virtual folder into another Virtual folder is to:
1) CREATE a NEW Virtual folder Inside a Folder,
2) then COPY all from the outside folder,
3) and then delete the outside folder.

It took me a while, but on the Mac (dunno if this works on Windows unfortunately) when you drag a vFolder into another vFolder you keep it to the LEFT to make it a subfolder, or the RIGHT to have it at the same level. Yes, that's backwards to literally everything else I have ever seen, but it seems to work.

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 3:54 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
And there are other move types that are not possible :
try to move the subvirtualfolder / favorite to a toplevel folder or to the root
try to move a subfolder / favorite folder under a virtualfolder / playlist folder that contains subfolders
reordering and moving of virtual folders is really totally broken

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 4:02 pm

Inviato Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 7:32 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)