Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Automix Playlist for sample banks independent of decks?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I've put together a video mix using final cut pro but I also saved the individual video clips and loaded them into Virtual DJ. I'd like to be able to re-create the video mix live. At first I tried loading the entire 1 Hour 30 Minute video into a virtual DJ sample bank as a single file but it crashes the program. I presume this is because the gigantic video clip exceeded the available RAM for the program. So it looks like individual clips are my only option. Is there a way to arrange a playlist of clips for the sample banks that will autoplay in the background in sequence while I am mixing music on the track decks? And maybe an option to trigger the next clip manually to match a downbeat of a track?

Inviato Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 4:40 pm
You want this to play when a specific track is playing, or any track?

There's no sequencer for the sampler unfortunately, but the clips could be triggered to play using POIs.

Inviato Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 4:44 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Should be no problem to load a 1.5 hour video on the sampler. If it contains audio as well you might need to make sure you are running the 64-bit version though since then more memory is needed.
Alternatively you could also use the Slideshow to play the full video independent of the decks.
And finally you could also use an unused deck to play the video.

Inviato Sun 02 Aug 20 @ 4:47 pm
groovindj wrote :
You want this to play when a specific track is playing, or any track?

There's no sequencer for the sampler unfortunately, but the clips could be triggered to play using POIs.

Excellent idea thanks! My only hesitancy with the POI is Virtual DJ randomly deletes database POI for random tracks. Today for instance a track that I've had cue points and have not touched loaded with absolutely no POI cue points at all. Everything was magically erased. I have always had this issue with Virtual DJ. At first I thought it was my own doing because I have relocated tracks in the past and lost whole swaths of POI data but I have not done anything of the sort and database POI data still goes missing. It's either due to these frequent system updates or a ghost in the machine. Either way as I said I'm hesitant to rely on POI. I wish the devs would just embed POI and other track data into each track individually instead of risking one database corrupting and erasing everything I spent months and sometime years building. I even tried to load a backup and guess what VDJ said? Database corrupt. SMH. Diatribe ended.

Inviato Mon 03 Aug 20 @ 3:32 am
Adion wrote :
Should be no problem to load a 1.5 hour video on the sampler. If it contains audio as well you might need to make sure you are running the 64-bit version though since then more memory is needed.
Alternatively you could also use the Slideshow to play the full video independent of the decks.
And finally you could also use an unused deck to play the video.

I loaded the video with audio stripped and the program crashed every time. It was a 7GB file so maybe I could compress the heck out of it to get it down in size but the quality is already compressed so it's only going to get worse with more extreme compression. Another reason I want to avoid the single file avenue is that I want to be able to create new and different sampler video mixes using other music tracks so having the individual clips allows me more creative freedom than the one long file. I suppose I could use the POI to trigger different points in the single video and mix it up that way but as I stated in my other post I want to avoid the POI until VDJ can figure out a more stable method for securing the database and POI information stored therein.

Inviato Mon 03 Aug 20 @ 3:37 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)