Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Inconsistent Mic levels in recorded output....

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi

I run a mic into my VCI-400, as a mic input to channel 4.
This allows me to control mic level with the channel fader, and to use channel 4 EQ and FX on the mic.
Works great.

To balance the mic level against the the music, I run the mic channel gain and high, mid and low eqs all pretty hot, and pull the gain down to about 40% on the music channels. This also works fairly well.

Problem:
When I live stream to OBS, the audio balance is as I'd expect.
But I also record the direct audio output from VDJ, and on this recording, the mic level is WAY lower than on the streamed output.

Any idea what's going on? Any additional info I can provide to help toubleshoot?

Thanks.

Inviato Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 1:16 am
You're passing the master output of the VCI-400 to OBS presumably?

But you're not recording from the VCI-400 master out. You're recording from within VDJ, yes? So the mic signal is going through the VCI-400 to its master output.

The mic isn't passing through the VDJ software mixer, so it won't get recorded.

You either need to feed your mic signal into VDJ, so the software mixer gets the signal, or record from the master output of the VCI-400.

Inviato Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 8:23 am
groovindj wrote :
You're passing the master output of the VCI-400 to OBS presumably?

But you're not recording from the VCI-400 master out. You're recording from within VDJ, yes? So the mic signal is going through the VCI-400 to its master output.

The mic isn't passing through the VDJ software mixer, so it won't get recorded.

You either need to feed your mic signal into VDJ, so the software mixer gets the signal, or record from the master output of the VCI-400.

Not quite.... OBS receives audio from the VCI-400.
The mic is routed through VDJ (to channel 3 & 4), and can be affected by the VDJ software effects.
The audio sent to OBS and broadcast/uploaded, has the correct balance of music/mic and includes (VDJ software) mic effects.
Recording the VDJ master out (straight to my laptop) also works, but the mic level is maybe 50% lower.

ie. both recordings work, but the mic level is lower when recorded direct with VDJ

(Hope that makes some kind of sense?)

OBS is receiving audio from VCI-400, but

Inviato Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 10:26 am
You need to give detailed info on your audio routing (or post pics), because I can't make out exactly what you're doing from what you've said so far...

OBS recieves audio from the VCI-400, but how? From where exactly? Not from the master output?

Going by what you've said, the mic is routed to VDJ but also going directly out of the VCI-400 (as that's where it's plugged in) - so that could be an issue.

Inviato Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 11:01 am
Hi - sorry for the delay replying

I've attached a couple of screenshots to help give you a picture of what's going on.

1 - Screenshot of my OBS audio input capture settings showing the VCI-400 hardware device. (the VCI-400 doesn't appear on this list if the controller isn't physically connected, so it must be the hardware, right?)

2 - Screenshot of my VDJ audio settings

Does that help at all?

Inviato Sun 16 Aug 20 @ 5:05 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)