Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Update broke functionality of my board!!! Please help.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

infoPRO InfinityMember since 2017
So, I've been running Virtual DJ 2018 with my Denon DN-MC6000 MK 1 (discontinued model) board. Works fine. Lately, it's been HARASSING ME to update to VDJ 2021, so I finally said FINE, I'll update if you just shut up about it. After updating, my deck 1 now is broken. It only can affect "Deck 3" which is a deck my skin can't even see. When I press play, nothing comes out, because I have a 2 deck board. Deck 2 still works as it did pre-update. I tried reverting to an old version, but the functionality remained the same - my left side only affects "Deck 3", Deck 1 won't play, deck 2 works fine. If I put in a 4 deck skin I can see the decks, but I don't want to run a 4 deck skin, I want to run a 2 deck skin. I want my old functionality back - it works! I had to go back to VDJ 7 today because it happened right as I was setting up for an event and no time to fix. Please help. I did a full uninstall of VDJ 2018 / 2021 and even deleted databases and preferences and still didn't help.

Inviato Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 1:58 am
What happens, if you press the button "Deck 1" or "Deck 3" on the controller?

Inviato Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 3:32 am
Are you using WASAPI drivers?

The ASIO driver for the MC6000 Mk1 had support discontinued by Atomix several years ago due to it's unreliability. They advised to use WASAPI drivers.

The MC6000 Mk2 uses a different driver and is unaffected. I know as I have both Denon models and both drivers, although, I have moved onto using Macs a few years ago which don't require ASIO/WASAPI drivers.

Inviato Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 3:49 am
I guess its not a problem of the audio drivers. He wrote that he can see deck 3 is running on a 4 deck skin.

By the way: At Virual DJ settings ave found two different mappings for MC6000 (mk1):

1) factory default factory default
2) factory default Old mapping

Do you have tried both of them?

Inviato Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 4:26 am
djles.co.uk wrote :
Are you using WASAPI drivers?

The ASIO driver for the MC6000 Mk1 had support discontinued by Atomix several years ago due to it's unreliability. They advised to use WASAPI drivers.

The MC6000 Mk2 uses a different driver and is unaffected. I know as I have both Denon models and both drivers, although, I have moved onto using Macs a few years ago which don't require ASIO/WASAPI drivers.

Yes, if I don't run WASAPI on VDJ 8 it won't work correctly. ASIO I only use if I run VDJ 7. But I did try it on VDJ at one point and boy was it horrible, hah..

Inviato Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 5:08 pm
VDJ Monty wrote :
What happens, if you press the button "Deck 1" or "Deck 3" on the controller?

My controller doesn't have those buttons?

Inviato Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 5:08 pm
user16566181 wrote :

Oh yes it does!

Inviato Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 5:12 pm
OK, sorry, i saw a wrong picture (from MK2). Your controller has a Deck Change Button (DECK CHG.). It will change between deck A and Deck C, its the same like Deck 1 and Deck 3.

Inviato Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 5:17 pm
groovindj wrote :
user16566181 wrote :

Oh yes it does!

The MKII has those buttons. I don't own the MKII, I have the original one, the older one.

Inviato Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 5:22 pm
VDJ Monty wrote :
OK, sorry, i saw a wrong picture (from MK2). Your controller has a Deck Change Button (DECK CHG.). It will change between deck A and Deck C, its the same like Deck 1 and Deck 3.

If those buttons were switched wouldn't that change the functionality in VDJ 7 also? I tried running 7 and it wasn't giving me the same issue

Inviato Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 5:23 pm
Try it and press it. I wrote: What happens if...

Inviato Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 5:26 pm
user16566181 wrote :
I have the original one

Yes, I know. I read your post.

Did you read the manual for your controller?

This is used to switch between deck 1 & 3 (or A & C). There's also one for the right deck.

Inviato Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 5:51 pm
groovindj wrote :
user16566181 wrote :
I have the original one

Yes, I know. I read your post.

Did you read the manual for your controller?

This is used to switch between deck 1 & 3 (or A & C). There's also one for the right deck.

So, I never really knew what those buttons were for other than looking nifty with red and blue (switching back and forth). Turns out, that's exactly what happened - I did the update and must have bumped the button and it was stuck loading deck 3 forever. The weird thing though is that I would expect it to reset after closing and re-opening the program but that didn't happen, which was what made me think it was some bigger issue. Tested out my board just now and was able to switch between deck 1 and deck 3 and deck 2 and deck 4 no problem. Day of event stress prevented me from figuring it out. Thank goodness for backup laptops though, had a great event!

Inviato Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 1:08 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)