Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How to lower volume of some songs in the playlist?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

1987258Home userMember since 2020
Hi there,

I'm just creating a playlist for my wedding and am planning to use this pattern: slow songs (15mins) - dance songs (30 mins) - slow songs (15mins)

Now, for the slow songs, the point is for the people to go take a break, smoke a cigarette, speak with other folks at the table etc.

So, what I'd like to do is to lower the volume on those - is there any way how to do this via virtual DJ? I suppose I could download some other software, add all the songs into the same folder, lower the master volume on those and then finally add them into the playlist. If this work-around is the only option, can you guys recommend any such software?

Thank you!!!

M.

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 20 @ 8:41 pm
1) You can trigger a VDJscript that will alter the master fader. You can trigger it by loading a song that is marked as a slow song or a dance song inside the ID3 tag. You can use the ID3 fields "User1" or "User2" for this. You can make the trigger dependend to a variable which you will toggle by a custom button (a.e. with the name "unattended autoplay volume control"). If the variable = 1, then it will trigger. If the variable = 0, then it will not trigger and you can mix manually.

2) You can also save a gain value to all slow songs. Take a look to the ID3 Editor, one field has the name "Gain".

3) You can add an action cue on the first slow song that will alter the master volume. And you can add another action cue on the first dance song to make it louder. But this is a very unflexible way because your playlist is never the same. This action cue can react dependently to the variable mentioned above, too.

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 20 @ 9:12 pm
there is a way to do what you want to is to use a proffesional dj at your wedding and give him the playlist of tracks you want playing and the audio volume he do the rest but being a pro he will know what to .

Inviato Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 6:46 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I introduce a 10 sec silence track (will mix ok with prev and next automix songs not being heared with 5 sec loss of transition length) with a POI action master_volume xxx :

master_volume 20%, master_volume 33%, master_volume 50%, master_volume 83.375% (for 0.0 dB), master_volume 100%

same can be apply to any other action you may want

action in playlists is something that would be fine to add

Inviato Sun 27 Sep 20 @ 5:01 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)