Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ2021 freeze when playing visuals/shader

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

today i test shaders but vdj everytime freeze the os.
i use win 10 latest and vdj latest on a i7 10510 with 32gb and on chip graphics intel uhd620

with my old pc from 2012 i can use everything on the intel grahics hd with vdj 2020 and latest win 10.

what can i do?

Inviato Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 10:45 am
i use the latest early update of vdj.

it seem like the cache wont be cleared.

Sometime i can use the function shaders for 5 til 10 minutes.
but sometimes it work only 1 minute, then os is freezing.

It freeze when i want to change the shaders, or active any other thing in vdj like load a track and play, change the pitch or activate/deactivate a visual or effect.
SOmetime it works a long time, when I only activate automix and dont press anything in the software.

At the old notebook from 2012, the onyl diffrence is that i use vdj 2020 without the steam update. There i can use all thing normaly.

Now i will check to connect a Soundcard like NI Audio 6 for LineIn in VDJ2020 to use visuals and the cam.
But mix with the VDJ 2021 on the new laptop to use steams in the mix with my MCX8000.

But i think the problem is VDJ2021 that can´t play shaders at the moment without crash and freezing.

I noticed that the shader still played when everthing else is freezing, but i cant do anything else, like close the software or open the task-manager.

I hope anybody can understand what is happend and can help with the right setting or fix the bug in the next update.

Inviato Mon 28 Sep 20 @ 12:32 pm
dyHardwich82 wrote :

But i think the problem is VDJ2021 that can´t play shaders at the moment without crash and freezing.

I used several different shaders in a 2 hours Twitch stream this Saturday using the latest public build of VDJ2021
No freezing issues at all...

Inviato Mon 28 Sep 20 @ 3:15 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I currently have BIG issues with intel drivers and some intel chipsets/processors with VDJ 2021 64bit only, related to skin engine (old skin ok, default skin not, custom old skin ok, custom new skin not...)
adding an old nvidia graphic board (gtx745) gives me hardware stems and shaders working like a charm
VDJ 2020 b6106 32bit is not affeted

with my old pc from 2012 I5 Gen2 i can use everything on the intel graphics hd with vdj 2021 and latest win 10. even stems use mathEngine in cpu mode
with my old pc from 2008 core2 duo i can use everything but stems on the intel graphics G43 with vdj 2020 and latest win 10.

Inviato Mon 28 Sep 20 @ 4:52 pm
klausmogensen wrote :

I used several different shaders in a 2 hours Twitch stream this Saturday using the latest public build of VDJ2021
No freezing issues at all...

What cpu and graphic do u use?
I have only on chip the intel uhd 620 no nvidea or else.

This evening I will test it with old skins, maybe there is the problem.

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 9:40 am
I got a mail from the support, they says that steams and shaders now only work with an dedicated videocard.

But a lot of machines on the market hasnt a dedicatedt card at the moment, mostly only the gaming notebooks.
The manufactors everytime build smaler lighter systems in the moment.

I use a clevo with a i7 10510u 4core/8treads up to 4,9GHz (onchip intel 620 uhd video 1150 MHz) and 32Gb 2666MHz CL13 memory.
I dont think this machine will be to slow.

The videochip is like a Geforce 720M, in my old system i have a GeForce GT 630M with 16GB memory and i7-2670QM, there is shaders working with vdj 2020.

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 10:14 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
dyHardwich82 wrote :
...they says that steams and shaders now only work with an dedicated videocard...

Not true, both work with onboard graphics, BUT dedicated is better.
check that your shaderQuality setting is AUTOMATIC

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 11:00 am
dyHardwich82 wrote :
I got a mail from the support, they says that steams and shaders now only work with an dedicated videocard.

Not true unless I don't know what a dedicated graphics card is

dyHardwich82 wrote :

What cpu and graphic do u use?
I have only on chip the intel uhd 620 no nvidea or else.

It's a business laptop so no special graphic card, but still run shaders ok, and stems separation a bit slow only using the CPU:

Dell precision 3520
Xeon CPU E3 1505M
32 gb memory
Inten HD Graphics p630
NVIDIA quadro M620

So basically just enough to run a couple of monitors for office use

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 11:38 am
Here the answer from the support:

Hello,

Your machine does not have a dedicated memeory video card which is required to mix video and use stems effectively.

Gpu: NO-NVIDIA: (last use: 2020-09-27)
Gpu: Intel(R) UHD Graphics; Microsoft Basic Render Driver: (last use: 2020-09-27)

The new updates of VDJ have many new features (Video and stems) and if the machine is lacking in those specs then the newer versions could now be exposing this weakness where it might have been sufficient previously. You need to have a dedicated memory type video card in order to mix video or use stems without issue in VDJ.

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 12:16 pm
locodog wrote :

Not true, both work with onboard graphics, BUT dedicated is better.
check that your shaderQuality setting is AUTOMATIC

klausmogensen wrote :

This Evening i will test it with automatic again, i have set every option with freezing the os.

It's a business laptop so no special graphic card, but still run shaders ok, and stems separation a bit slow only using the CPU:

Dell precision 3520
Xeon CPU E3 1505M
32 gb memory
Inten HD Graphics p630
NVIDIA quadro M620

So basically just enough to run a couple of monitors for office use

You have a dedicated videocard with your NVIDEA QUADRO M620
but my videocard have a better performance.

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 12:19 pm
Nothing there about stems, and they don't say that it won't work unless you have dedicated GPU.

Yes it could have been worded better (maybe written by a non native English speaker). Rather than saying "required" or "needed", it would be better to say "recommended".

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 12:25 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you try to install the latest intel graphics drivers?

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 12:42 pm
Adion wrote :
Did you try to install the latest intel graphics drivers?

Yes, becouse i have a probleme with the energy saving mod. but this is still avaible in battery modus.

This evening i will search the latest beta for the intel video chipset.

I hope i can fix the freezy problem. Its every time so amazing what vdj can handle together.

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 2:27 pm
New Information from the support:

Jimmy wrote :
Jimmy (VirtualDJ)

Sep 29, 2020, 16:11 GMT+3
Hello,

While the machine certainly does have a "beafy" CPU your integrated graphics card could still be the issue here as you are asking a lot of it for mixing video and running shaders at an HD resolution out:

Screen: 1920x1080:1920x1080 (last use: 2020-09-27)

Fx: Sfo:svp (last use: 2020-09-26)
Fx: Pulse1.02:svp (last use: 2020-09-26)
Fx: StarVis:svp (last use: 2020-09-26)
Fx: Sphere:svp (last use: 2020-09-26)
Fx: Spectral:internal (last use: 2020-09-26)
Fx: Shake:internal (last use: 2020-09-26)
Fx: Strobe:internal (last use: 2020-09-26)
Fx: RabbitHole:svp (last use: 2020-09-26)
Fx: RandomVideoTransition:v7 (last use: 2020-09-26)
Fx: TellyVisualsV:v8 (last use: 2020-09-26)

additionally some of these shaders could be "heavy" GPU processing and perhaps one of them might be causing your hang.

Have you checked to see if there are any driver updates for the intel card? Have you noticed any particular shader that might be causing the issue or perhaps telly visuals?

I seems that is the crash-report of my old machine, becouse i dont install telly on the new machine right now.

I allready delete all custom shaders, but it still freeze at this moment.

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 2:36 pm
Now i install the latest beta intel videochipset driver,
i cant see my cursor of the mouse anymore in vdj.

I must rest all setting, and set every option again. Damn

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 7:23 pm
So everybody.

Now its works the first minutes,
- i have reduce the resolution from the second screen to 720p 50Hz! (becouse with 60Hz is dosnt work)
- I have reset the settings.xml (rename the old existing file, i think this was from VDJ5 or 6)
- then i change all settings back from my other machine, exepted the video settings.
- after it freeze again i change some performance settings

And now it works, this evening i will record a test session for more then a few minutes with obs.

Inviato Fri 02 Oct 20 @ 6:01 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)