Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can deadmaus' OSC/Pilot be used to control Virtual DJ ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

First, if you have no idea what OSC/Pilot is take a look here. https://oscpilot.com

This touch interface is totally programmable and customize-able. And different configurations can be quickly switched back and forth. It sends and/or receives MIDI data, among others data types including OCS. It is pretty amazing. And I have messed around with using DAWs.

Has anyone here tried making this work as an interface to VDJ?

Thanks

Inviato Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 5:12 pm
VirtualDJ does not support OSC, but supports MIDI.
Therefore you could make a custom interface for it, and create your own custom device definition. Then it will appear and interact with VirtualDJ as any hardware controller.

I was using a similar solution a few years ago with TouchOSC on my iPad alongside my regular controller!

Inviato Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 5:57 pm
Looks like I have some reading and learning to do!!!

Thanks

Inviato Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 10:17 pm
You do not need any OSC or Midi protocol to have a custom surface. If you build your owd VDJ skin, then it send the faders and buttons directly to the VDJ core. There are already some touch-friendly skins to download are there is a skin maker, where you can drag and drop your own faders and buttons where do you want to have them. There are also skins for iPad remote control and VDJ own iPad app. So you can be completeley free of any external protocols. The best point: You can also display a file browser and a level meter, this cannot be done by MIDI or OSC.

Inviato Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 10:44 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Both the previous answers are totally true

...And all other software that supports MIDI and/or OSC... so the answer is "Yes its a possibility"
that's how "Freestyler MIDI Remote Control" is working (good start point of learning, ©2017 - PhantomDj ;)
and i was testing TouchOSC (and other controller simulators) on android that way a long time ago

But a custom touch skin or a custom remote skin can do either and at lower cost
vdj remote (both android and ios versions using the same skins) is skinable and more integrated with VDJ as any external OSC

Inviato Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 11:30 pm
Thanks for all the info!

To clarify, the use of OSC/Pilot would be as an auxiliary controller along with my current controllers, so building a skin via the Skin Builder is really not an option.

Inviato Sun 27 Sep 20 @ 4:30 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
that's the main purpose of the remote app (which custom skin design can be started from within Skin builder)
but sure OSC/Pilot skin designer may be more user friendly

Inviato Sun 27 Sep 20 @ 5:09 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)