Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rane 72 Shift Browse Push not mappable?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I am trying to map prelisten to SHIFT_BROWSE_PUSH, I have also tried `shift ? ..` on BROWSE_PUSH, but none work, I think because SHIFT_BROWSE_PUSH on the 72 is wrongly mapped.

When I press and release SHIFT, MIDI Monitor reports Channel 16 D2 127 ON, D2 0 OFF.
When I press BROWSE_PUSH, MIDI Monitor reports Channel 16 D#-2 127 ON, D#-2 0 OFF.
When I press SHIFT + BROWSE PUSH, I see Channel 16 D#0 127 ON, D#0 0 OFF (surrounded by the SHIFT key click and release notes, obviously).

I assume `shift ? prelisten : ...` doesn't work because BROWSE_PUSH sends a different note when SHIFT is pushed.

I assume SHIFT_BROWSE_PUSH is wrongly mapped because when I click on SHIFT + BROWSE_PUSH, I see the SHIFT in the list of detected buttons top right of the mapping config window, but I do not see SHIFT_BROWSE_PUSH (or BROWSE_PUSH, or anything else aside from the SHIFT).

Can I fix this in my device mapper XML? If so, where is it and how? I don't have a /Users/me/Library/VirtualDJ directory, and in Documents/VirtualDJ/Devices I have a .dat file. (I only just upgraded to a Pro license, if that affects anything.)

Inviato Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 4:27 pm
SHIFT_BROWSE_PUSH "key" will be added on next software update and you'll be able to map it.
However, keep in mind that the firmware sends the same MIDI note for both encoders (when pushed while SHIFT is held).
This means that you won't be able to use different actions on the left and right encoder.

Technical stuff:
The original firmware of the device was not sending any MIDI note(s) when SHIFT+BROWSE encoder were pushed.
Therefore, VirtualDJ could use it's own "software" SHIFT override.
However it seems that at some point this has changed (most likely with the MKII firmware)
That's why SHIFT_BROWSE_PUSH does not list under used keys anymore.
We will update the internal VirtualDJ definition to include the note, and right afterwards you'll be able to map it.

Inviato Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 8:31 pm
Absolutely fantastic, thank you!

Inviato Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 9:19 am
Please could we also have SHIFT_BACK ? It seems not to work either, MIDI Monitor shows it as F#-1 (as opposed to G-2 without shift).

(Sorry, I'll quieten down soon, just so exciting to have full mapping capabilities!!)

Inviato Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 6:31 pm
Yes, it has been added as well

Inviato Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 9:01 pm
Thank you!

Inviato Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 9:24 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)