Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Does quantize_all enable auto beatmatch/auto sync?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm a bit confused since I'm not sure if this is new or if my configuration changed the wrong way.
First of all, I habe disabled autoBPMMatch in settings and disabled it in deck options.

But I enabled quantize_all to all decks, since I want have quantization for all decks when using cue points and loops.

But if I press play on my controller (mapped to pioneer_play) the deck syncs automatically to the master deck. I came arround this by using this mapping quantize_all off & pioneer_play & quantize_all on.
If I drop the needle on a timecode vinyl its the same, it directly beatmatches.

When searching the setting I found a (maybe new option) I did not know so far: Auto Synch on Play. This option sound very much like what I am experiencing but this option is disabled as-well.

Now I'm confused. Can I have quantization enabled while any auto beatmatching/synch is disabled?
Did this behavour change over time?

Inviato Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 1:25 pm
quantization sort of implies that you want beatmatching / sync on.

But for the sync on play, you can turn that off individually.
If its already off using quantize_all should not turn it on again.

And you found the right place. "Sync on play".
You can also find this in settings, called smartPlay.

(same goes for cues and loops, can turn off smartCue and smartLoop, but I guess you want these on)

For turning off auto sync on play you for could example map like this:
quantize_all on & deck all auto_sync off

Inviato Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 1:30 pm
Hey Rune,

you're answers are faster than light. You pointed me indirectly to my misconfiguration by calling the option smartPlay.
I wanted to have quantize for cue points only. This was the behavior I was used to. By searching for smart I found the option smartCue which was somehow disabled.

Enabling this one again and disabling quantize_all brought me back to the configuration I am familiar with and which I love.

So thx for your ultra-fast help. That is why I love this forum.

Cheers 👌

Inviato Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 1:44 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)