Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Help, How to Play samples from the beginning, that are in the same Group

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I need help as, it seems that second sample played within a group will continue from the beat position of the ending sample. (NOT wanted)

IE: if the first sample playing is at beat 8, then when another sample, in same group is selected (pressed), it will start at, beat 8 and continue playing, and NOT start at the beginning of the sample, as one would expect (and desired).

here is short video of switching between 2 samples in same group, upper sample 64 beats, lower sample 32 beats in length. Notice that they do NOT start at beginning of sample and that if first sample is at beat 8, the second sample continues at beat 8, not at the 1st beat of the sample.
(the samples in the group are set to:
Trigger On/Off
Mode: Loop
Loop: Sync-Lock)

https://gyazo.com/4c777ec18687ebe270ee00efbc77ab3a

It is not desirable to have a sample start at possibly its last beat.

Only if the sample is stopped and started does the sample start from the beginning.

I have samples in same group that I would like to switch between, and never have both active at the same time, and yet, would like them to start from their beginning beat.

Could not find any documentation on this.

Can this be tweaked so that samples always start from the beginning, within a group?

UPDATE: This only occurs if both of the samples in the group are set to, LOOP (to repeat). If one of them is a DROP then the samples start at the beginning, as expected.

So how to get a Sample set to Repeat, to start from the beginning of the sample when started after another sample.

Inviato Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 5:53 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Curious what kind of samples you have that are looped, you want to switch between but are not beat loops that you'd want to keep synchronized

Inviato Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 6:49 am
by "beat loops" you mean a sample consisting of a single beat?

I was creating samples of short sections of tracks that when played want to be in sync-ed to the playing deck, and yet may want that short sample to repeat since it could be anywhere from 2 beats to 64 beats in length. Could be adding acapella to a house beat of another track from the sample.
(and here is another issue hindering the creation of acapella samples using stems, http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/240065/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/VDJ_Cannot_record_sample_with_Both_Stems_and_EQ_on.html )

and those samples, that I would not want to play at same time, and to switch easily between them, have been placed in the same group. So its just the one press, and VDJ use of sampler groups, turns off the playing sample. Else it would require me, to turn off the playing sample and then a second press to start next sample, can be done, just if samples are far apart, as on a launchpad, it requires 2 hands.

Another example would be, if one didn't want to load the tracks to the deck, but instead, create 2 samples of different versions (one future house other a progressive house) that I would like to play in contrast, would like the samples to start from the beginning of each sample.

effectively creating mashups of different tracks, from the synced and looped samples, and the playing deck(s) (and in all cases would like each sample to start from its beginning).

------------------------
PS
Having the ability to switch between, samples that don't start from the beginning could be useful also. Just have not created samples with that in mind yet.

Inviato Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 8:00 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)