Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Windows 7 on 2021 stems. . .Is it technically possible?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

MMRDJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I'm a techy at heart and love to do the impossible , i know it is said that the stem version will not work on win7 but the real question is why? is it a Service pack, an architecture, registry settings etc, with some tweaking or adding of the missing components will it work? Or is Virtual Dj just giving up on supporting win7 ? I have a very fast quad core 8 thread 3.5ghz Intel i7 , with a nividia Quadro graphics card 16gb of hyper x ram and a SSD drive, so my computer is by no means slow altho it is older I regulatory benchmark it against new machines and it routinely holds its own against newer machines . . I know most will say just move to windows 10[ but for many technical reasons i am opposed to that [cortona, forced updates, one drive, dumbing down of settings and on and on] plus my current machine is extremely fast and perfectly perform ever single thing i could want to do. so it would be silly to throw out such a great machine when with some potential tweaking it just may very well work [thats my hope] shout out to all the Die Hard Win 7 lovers out there. . lol

Inviato Sat 06 Mar 21 @ 1:06 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I hope you are not connected to the internet with that computer, since Windows 7 does not get any security updates anymore either.

Anyway, it might technically be possible, but it would be very hard to maintain or test since we are obviously not using windows 7 anymore.

Inviato Sat 06 Mar 21 @ 1:50 am
It works on Win 8.1 64bit. You just need to replace the exe with the correct one as the VDJ servers won't allow downloading that version to Win 7 or 8.

I have it running on a Yoga 2 Pro but the stems are a bit slow as it's only a mobile i7 4th gen with on board graphics.
Will probably work on Win 7 64bit too but as Adion says its at your own risk and it wouldn't be guaranteed to work with newer VDJ updates that may rely on something only available in Win 10.

Inviato Sat 06 Mar 21 @ 8:59 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)