Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: As my new DJ machine supports VDJ2021 and my old backup machine doesn't will I be able to optain both?
I am wondering if my regular dj machine with an I5 4th gen supports Virtual DJ 2021 but my backup which is my previous dj machine with an Core2Duo doesn't, will it be able to optain both with an official license.
Which in my case needs to be a Pro or Infinity license.

I have been testing with my newer machine with the Virtual DJ 2021 demo version.
The old machine (i know it is 10years old) still runs the Cue LE 7 from my controller really fluently.
(Why should you damage the environment with wasting old machines that still do their job.)
The installation of VirtualDJ 2021 says that the processor of this old one isn't supported.

But would like both machines to be able to work with a multi channel soundcard.

I can't find this information anywhere in the f.a.q. or license pages but only a little in some very old posts.

Inviato Sun 02 May 21 @ 11:51 am
For modern new state of the art features a 10 year old coreduo will not cut it ..
Its not like a computer is made to last forever and every future computer technology work on it for decades to come :)

To use stems features (modern AI features), you need a better computer.
But you can always turn off mathEngine at your 10 year old laptop and might run VirtualDJ 2021 fine .. just without the stem feature (that do need a modern ish computer)

Just as your 10 year old iphone can not run modern apps or even install latest iOS for that matter..

Inviato Sun 02 May 21 @ 12:18 pm
The version of VDJ is also OS dependent. Only Windows 10 runs the latest version.

Inviato Sun 02 May 21 @ 12:52 pm
But does the Virtual DJ 2021 license also work with Virtual DJ 7 for my backup machine?

The Core 2 Duo machine won't run optimal with Windows 10 as it is original with a Vista or 7.

Inviato Sun 02 May 21 @ 1:24 pm
MusicHer wrote :
But does the Virtual DJ 2021 license also work with Virtual DJ 7 for my backup machine?

VirtualDJ 7, and CUE, are both deprecated software, for which we don't provide support anymore, and they are not available to buy anymore.
If you already had a license for VirtualDJ 7 Infinity, you can still download and run both VirtualDJ 7 (that you can find in the "Old discontinued products" section in your license page) and VirtualDJ 2021.
But if you buy a VirtualDJ 2021 license, it will not work with VirtualDJ 7.

MusicHer wrote :
The Core 2 Duo machine won't run optimal with Windows 10 as it is original with a Vista or 7.

But please note that you can still download (and buy license for) VirtualDJ 2021 32bits.
While it doesn't have all the new functionalities of VirtualDJ 2021 64bits, it will be able to work on Vista or Win7 with a 10 years old computer, and will still have more functionalities than VirtualDJ 7 (or CUE)
The license that you can buy today for VirtualDJ Pro works for both the 32bit and 64bit versions.

Inviato Sun 02 May 21 @ 3:13 pm
my old pc is still working good but still have windows 7 os. it has 1 tera hardrive and 6 gig ram 64 bit operation system. it works very good with regards to vdj7. i don't want to give up my old pc. my question is will vdj2021 work on my old os wndows 7?

Inviato Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 12:34 pm
i mean without stem?

Inviato Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 12:36 pm
No.
It requires Windows 10 x64 (even with stems turned off)

However you can always upgrade to Windows 10 OS.
In fact you should have done it anyway. The security patches alone worth the effort.
Also any PC that can run Windows 7 can also run Win10 with about the same performance (depending on some strange factors, Win10 might perform even better on some cases)

Inviato Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 1:44 pm