Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pleas Help. VDJ Indexing Problem + Sub-Folder issue.
DJPLATTPRO SubscriberMember since 2012
Hi, I have a VDJ account and MEMBERSHIP to PRO and streaming services with you. I just recently transferred all individual files (mp3,m4a,wav. etc.) that were in large groups/folders and also lots of folders with sub-folders into one folder on original pc I have been using for a few years..BEFORE THAT, all songs were indexed and everything seemed to work great (all my songs showed up when I searched in search bar (text). NOW, im having problems with songs being Indexed because of location change (side-list, playlists, outo-mix etc) and songs have RED mark and say file can not be found.(Should'nt VDJ re-indext the new folder I created once I open it in VDJ ???) SO, then I transferred that folder to an ext. HHD and then to new pc (which should easily Indexed the files in that main folder ! BUT, On the new pc, even a lot of the individual files that should index once I open that folder from within VDJ folders (on left) there's songs I KNOW are in that folder will NOT show up when SEARCHED. I,ve tried entering the correct formats - .mp3,.wav,.m4a, etc. but I seem to be missing something???
ALSO, how can VDJ index all of the SUB-FOLDERS with files in them (artists A-Z etc with only 1-few songs in them - and there's ALOT) without opening EVERY one of them in VDJ (on left) - PLEASE tell me it can be done !!! it would take a year ! lol

Inviato Tue 08 Jun 21 @ 6:48 pm
NOW, im having problems with songs being Indexed because of location change

Well of course you are. There's a facility inside VDJ to move or copy files that keeps the database intact, especially for moving everything to a new PC. I'm guessing you never used that then!

Inviato Tue 08 Jun 21 @ 7:47 pm
VirtualDJ has a database of files you add to it.
So if you move or rename the files outside of VirtualDJ, the file path is wrong in the database, and file is "lost".

Ideally you would do the move/merge/reorganize operation from within VirtualDJ browser (that would automatically update the database to new location path etc). But having done it outside of VirtualDJ, you would need to add the new locations to the database.

Try this :
- At each parent music folder (top level), right-click it inside VirtualDJ and choose "batch=> add to search database"

After that, you might still have entries in the database/browser that is missing. You can remove all of these in one go, at the far left toolbar in the browser. Click the small dot, and choose "remove missing..."

Inviato Tue 08 Jun 21 @ 7:49 pm
DJPLATTPRO SubscriberMember since 2012
Rune (DJ-In-Norway) wrote :
VirtualDJ has a database of files you add to it.
So if you move or rename the files outside of VirtualDJ, the file path is wrong in the database, and file is "lost".

Ideally you would do the move/merge/reorganize operation from within VirtualDJ browser (that would automatically update the database to new location path etc). But having done it outside of VirtualDJ, you would need to add the new locations to the database.

Try this :
- At each parent music folder (top level), right-click it inside VirtualDJ and choose "batch=> add to search database"

After that, you might still have entries in the database/browser that is missing. You can remove all of these in one go, at the far left toolbar in the browser. Click the small dot, and choose "remove missing..."

THANK YOU !!!! thumbs up !!!

Inviato Wed 09 Jun 21 @ 8:47 pm