Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Recording with an analog mixer - Page: 2
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you post here a screenshot of your VirtualDJ Audio Setup including the "record" input you added ?

Troubleshooting..
- Try to connect speakers to the RECORD Out of your mixer to see if there is audio signal
- If audio comes out from the RECORD output, then if the cable is OK, the Line/Mic Input of your Laptop should pick the sound. See if there is any activity in Windows Sound panel.

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 22 @ 12:06 pm
Hi

As per my post, following the set up in the VDJ manual, what the sw records is the noise around the laptop and not the music. As matter of fact, when I click on record, it immediately generates data. Normal conditions should be that VDJ starts recoding when the music starts. Basically it is like that laptop and e everything else acts as microphone.
Record output is working fine like everything else in the mixer.

Thank you

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 8:37 am
I guess the issue is that the drop down menu of the input in the VDJ should have a different option than just connexant audio... I.e. Headphone since a jack is plugged in

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 8:46 am
Without knowing what laptop it is, it's hard to advise - but if there's only one jack and it's marked 'headphones' then that's an output. Your laptop may not have a suitable input.

It would've been far simpler to follow my earlier advice and use a digital audio recorder.

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 5:14 pm
You may have missed a lot of things in my initial and following post. As I wrote, my laptop is HP probook. As I wrote previously, in the input options, I should have "headphone" when a jack is plugged in but I do not have such option strangely. I only have 'connexant audio" which is the speaker of the laptop that in this, apparently acts as microphone.

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 7:30 pm
user24022989 wrote :
As I wrote, my laptop is HP probook

As you wrote where? I can't see any mention in this thread.

Besides, from what I can see there are at least 18 different HP Probook models.

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 7:41 pm