Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Running Virtual DJ 2021 Below Specs - Any Suggestions?
After some stuttering after a few hours of usage, I realized that I've been running Virtual DJ 2021 on a laptop with a AMD Ryzen 5 processor (instead of the 7 VD suggests). Is there any hope that I can prevent the stuttering? Or without the 7 processor is this just not possible?

Full laptop specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U
8.00GB RAM
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Inviato Wed 29 Jun 22 @ 12:12 am
VDJ will literally run on a toaster. Assuming you're not playing videos and have stems (math engine) turned off it shuld be fine. Maybe the laptop needs a good clean out?

Inviato Wed 29 Jun 22 @ 7:10 am
That's good to hear! I'm not playing video although stems might have been on (I didn't touch any default settings). The stuttering was nothing major (just a second or two and then back to normal) but it's obviously something I want to avoid.

Inviato Wed 29 Jun 22 @ 2:51 pm
Are you using just the laptop (no controller or audio interface)?

Inviato Wed 29 Jun 22 @ 5:41 pm
Just the laptop at the moment. Eventually going to look into a controller, but I'm just starting out so haven't been able to make the investment yet.

Inviato Wed 29 Jun 22 @ 5:49 pm
Is it the audio that's stuttering? Best run a latency checker to see if there's some background task or driver causing issues.

Inviato Wed 29 Jun 22 @ 5:53 pm
groovindj wrote :
Is it the audio that's stuttering? Best run a latency checker to see if there's some background task or driver causing issues.

just the audio seems to stutter and it's only for a second or two. I havent had any issues with VDJ crashing or freezing.

Inviato Wed 29 Jun 22 @ 9:51 pm
Latency

Inviato Wed 29 Jun 22 @ 10:45 pm

Inviato Wed 29 Jun 22 @ 10:51 pm