Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ SB3 Freezes x2 mid gig (3 hour set)
Hey guys, the venue i DJ at has an SB3 that i use.

After months of it stopping randomly through out the night (freezing for a good 3 seconds) multiple times, i assumed it was my old laptop which has served me well over the last 5+ years. I brought a new laptop this week only to have the same issue happen tonight (first week using it) so now i can only assume its ddj sb3 unit itself causing the issue.

does anyone have4 any insite into this?

Im thinking updating the firmware on the unit itself would be a good start.

It also has an "A" and "B" where the usb cable can connect on the unit tonight it was in the "A" section. I can try the "B" section next week but not sure if that is the issue

Is there a log file somewhere i can view on Virtual DJ to see where the problem Lies?

Regards,

Chris

Inviato Fri 05 Aug 22 @ 3:05 pm
Sorry could figure out how to edit original post. but the controller is a DDJ-SX3

Inviato Sat 06 Aug 22 @ 2:09 am
i actually have that same problem with the ddj-sb3. it doesnt happen on any of the larger ddjs. did you figure out what it was?

Inviato Sat 03 Sep 22 @ 12:22 am
ulsesPRO InfinityMember since 2012
tengo el mismo problema

Inviato Wed 19 Oct 22 @ 8:53 pm
I have the same problem with my DDJ-SX3, VDJ just randomly stops on me midway through a song for around 5 - 10 seconds and when it starts playing again I have noticed that all the eq dials on the software have been turned to the left with the pitch fader all the way to the slowest pitch. It has only just started doing this and has happened now 3 times in the last few months, does anyone know what is causing this? I am running VDJ 2020 on windows 8.

Inviato Mon 24 Oct 22 @ 4:56 am
azzworksentertainment@outlook.com wrote :
I have the same problem with my DDJ-SX3, VDJ just randomly stops on me midway through a song for around 5 - 10 seconds and when it starts playing again I have noticed that all the eq dials on the software have been turned to the left with the pitch fader all the way to the slowest pitch. It has only just started doing this and has happened now 3 times in the last few months, does anyone know what is causing this? I am running VDJ 2020 on windows 8.

If it was just the audio, it could be one of the usual problems with resources being temporarily blocked on the laptop, so that VDK can't send out audio for a few seconds

But what you say about the dials makes me think that maybe you controller is temporarily losing the USB connection to the laptop. That could be just a bad USB cable. Or it could be a hardware driver crashing and restarting

Inviato Mon 24 Oct 22 @ 5:00 am