Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Audio Settings - How to restore Default Audio Config with no connected Controller
I notice two things with the audio configuration when DJM-S9 and DDJ-1000 controllers are connected and they are selected as the audio interface, so I am assuming this may be a global controller connection thing:

1) After the program is closed (with the controller still connected), if the controller is disconnected and the program is restarted, that controller's audio configuration is maintained
2) If the DJM-S9 was the controller connected when the program was closed, then I disconnect the DJM-S9, connect the DDJ-1000, then open the program, even though I select the DDJ-1000 as the preferred sound card, the DJM-S9 audio configuration is the one that stays.

Some extra information - all of the previously connected soundcards have their audio config saved, and I created a "Laptop-only" configuration to represent when no controller is connected (to use the computer built-in audio interface), because the program doesn't seem to switch back to that when no controller is connected.

Is there a way to set the "Laptop-only" configuration as default, or did I misconfigure the program somehow to cause this behaviour?

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 22 @ 1:09 pm
You could assign this to the "oninit" command on the keyboard mapper:

apply_audio_config "whateveryouwant"

and it will load that config by default each time VDJ starts.

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 22 @ 1:23 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If the selected device is not connected upon startup, vdj should play back master out through the default sound card upon startup, so for just using the laptop it shouldn't be needed to change anything, the audio config for the controller can still be present in audio config.

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 22 @ 1:48 pm
kradcliffe wrote :

I'll try this. I do need some kind of fairly involved logic to ensure that no controller is connected however to set the laptop audio config as default.

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 22 @ 1:51 pm
Adion wrote :
If the selected device is not connected upon startup, vdj should play back master out through the default sound card upon startup, so for just using the laptop it shouldn't be needed to change anything, the audio config for the controller can still be present in audio config.

So this is true, however, the audio config tab still shows that the last controller connected in the config, and a notification shows that the controller is not connected on startup. I was just wondering if this couldn't be handled more cleanly.

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 22 @ 1:52 pm
I truly Agree with the OG post. I have found that on my Asus, If you don't select no controller, after having used a controller (NO CONTROLLER = switching from previously used controller to basic Audio out)... when you try to play audio without having switched back the audio sounds scratchy and terrible until I revert back to NO Controller. I agree that VDJ Should recognize NO CONTROLLER, and thus resetting the profile back to a NO CONTROLLER STATE

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 22 @ 4:08 pm
kradcliffe wrote :

I would just like to say that this was enough to fix the problem.

Is there any hope for this to be the default behaviour in an upcoming release?

Inviato Wed 19 Oct 22 @ 1:30 am