Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Is There a Way to have VDJ Remember set Sample/Sampler Volumes?
I tried to look for this answer in this forum but couldn't find it. It's not about using in conjunction with "controllers". This is about the VDJ software only. It's frustrating for me everytime I launch VDJ to set up for a radio broadcast, I have to go into my samples and re-tweak each and every sample volume to appropriate lower levels. They default and set at their full 100% level everytime I launch VDJ. Is there a way that I can make VDJ "remember" what volume levels I previously set my sampler volumes to? ....so I don't have to keep re-setting these levels everytime I launch the program?

Inviato Sat 13 Aug 22 @ 11:06 pm

Inviato Sun 14 Aug 22 @ 12:11 am
This is something that has been an issue for VDJ users since the release of VDJ 8.

In VDJ 7 it was possible to set sample volumes and have them stay where they were.

In VDJ 8 however we are expected to use the gain controls instead, and have to save that for each individual sample every time it needs adjusting.

This is in complete contrast to the way the mixer works (i.e. normally).

There are XML files for each sampler bank. Why can't Atomix introduce a volume tag there for each sample?

Currently it looks like this:
<sample path="My Cool Sample.wav" filesize="234626" col="12" row="0" />

Would it be so hard to have:
<sample path="My Cool Sample.wav" volume="123456" filesize="234626" col="12" row="0" />

Inviato Sun 14 Aug 22 @ 9:21 am
That makes sense to me. Based on what you just said here then, is it possible to edit the script/code you just used as an example, and add the volume parameter into the code?

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 24 @ 9:31 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I made an unreleased WIN plugin that did save sample volumes of one bank, I'm not sure if I still have it on this machine.
Sample volumes is contentious, vdj way works for some use cases, doesn't in others. Saved volumes works in other cases, and cases it doesn't work... well it's where you saved it so, that's on you.
I just use loudmax on sampler fx, dynamic range be damned.

I could be beer bribed to rewrite the plugin, I've learnt a thing or two in the ~6 years since I wrote it.

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 24 @ 11:04 pm