Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: quickFilters; ideas
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I suppose being able to use script inside the filter would help too then?

Inviato Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 4:20 am
+1
love having more capabilities available for quick_filters, would find those very useful.

-----------------------------------
And ....

I love using quick-filters, maybe use them too much, but allows quick way to find tracks with specific energies, or to find the most recently added, or those close in key, etc .. and use many at same time to drill down to find a possible next track, in a folder.

The issue comes when many quick_filters are being activated from with controller banks, and the banks switching automatically by something on a track that needs a different bank. This scenario forces one to spend to much time remembering which quick_filters are ON and time to hunt them down to once again to turn them OFF one at a time, to see all tracks in a folder again.

Would love to have a script to turn OFF all quick_filters, as a fall back, so one is not limiting what is shown in the browser, quickly.

Something similar to the sampler_stop all script,
(stops all samples from all sample banks, without the need to find the sampler in a non-active sample bank that is playing, and turn it OFF).

so one could have
quick_filter_stop all
or
quick_filter all_off
or something similar. to remove/stop(turn-off) all quick_filters, with a single action.

I don't know if that is possible to do, but this would make the use of quick_filters simpler...

just love the power and flexibility of quick_filters, they are so amazing.

Inviato Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 9:42 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@adion absolutely, that would polish the few remaining edges.

@IIDEEJAYII I made made a thing for a radio guy, he has lots of quickfilters [like 15] but he only ever uses one at a time, so he had me script a thing so only 1 filter could be on at one time [a tiny time saver but convenient] so yeah I agree
quick_filter all off
would be convenient.

Inviato Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 10:50 am
There's still no way of ordering the filters except mucking around with settings.xml which is a massive oversight. Been mentioned before too.

Inviato Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 11:28 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
more important for colours but still important for filters as you add stuff and want it organised a certain way, yeah good point.

Inviato Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 11:46 am
In the meanwhile you can use quick_filter 1 off & quick_filter 2 off & quick_filter 3 off & quick_filter 4 off & quick_filter 5 off & quick_filter 6 off & quick_filter 7 off & quick_filter 8 off & quick_filter 9 off & quick_filter 10 off

It's not pretty, but it works

Inviato Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 6:51 pm
Thanks Phantom,

VDJ with the default Pro skin to about 15 numbered quick_filters, which can be found and turned OFF easily, from the skins visible buttons (top of browser) . I think I exceeded the 15, within days of my first dive into the amazing power of quick_filters. Did I mention...
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
I love using quick-filters, maybe use them too much

The wish for a quick_filter all off feature for something similar to the sampler_stop all script, is to stop the many UN-numbered quick_filters scripted into other controllers. For example one entire lanchpad bank has quick_filters scripts similar to:
holding ? quick_filter 'Comment starts with E6 or Comment starts with E7 or Comment starts with E8' :  quick_filter 'Comment starts with E7'

Besides the easily found 15 skin quick_filters, have more then 80 (actually NOT counted, prob less then 100 though) others on banks of controllers, that are actively being modified or added to.

And just as the sampler_stop all could be replaced by the brute force script:
sampler_bank 'drums' & sampler_stop 1 & sampler_stop 2 & ......... sampler_stop 64 & sampler_bank 'halloween' & sampler_stop 1 & sampler_stop 2 & ..... sampler_stop 64 & sampler_bank 'new years' & sampler_stop 1 & sampler_stop 2 & ......... sampler_stop 64 & sampler_bank (*** iterated for all sample banks***)....... 

and, would need to modified every time new samples were added or banks were modified.

And if there was only 1 sample bank, and thus, all active samples could be easily viewed, and turned off, there would be much less need for sampler_stop all, its those playing samples that are NOT on the active sample bank, that the power of sampler_stop all is useful.

And similarly, for quick_filters, NOT currently in view, the
quick_filter  all off
would be equally amazing.
(I at times find myself hunting for that active quick_filter to turn off to see all tracks, and in the heat of the fun. Its also easy to forget one has a quick_filter enabled, so an quick_filter all off button would be a relief, and a great way to start a new quick_filter drill-down/search)

Inviato Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 2:05 am
I'm not against your wish. I was just trying to provide a work around until then.

Inviato Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 10:26 am
Thank you as always, Phantom.. always learn so much from your insights..

And I wanted to make the case that, there was still a need for a quick_filter all off script. So it was not thought, that it had been solved.

If it was just a set of 15 or so, numbered quick_filters, I would have not felt the need to put in a wish. I ask only when I feel out of options. (and always happy when someone shares a cool and clever solution)

Fingers crossed a quick_filter all off may happen soon.

Inviato Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 3:16 pm