Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Anybody know a current product that can replace a Numark DJ IO audio Interface?
My DJ IO is starting to malfunction (bought 14 years ago and one channel on one deck output is low). I'm having little success finding a similar, simple USB interface that merely converts the digital output from VDJ to 2 sets of stereo analog outputs simultaneously so I can continue to use my analog mixer. The operative word here is simultaneously. I have an M-Audio Fast Track Pro that I tried using (which allows for four analog outputs), but when I connect it to VDJ, VDJ (or the M-Audio driver) allows only one deck at a time to output. I have a suspicion this happens with all of the other audio interface boxes out there now (like SL, Focurite, Behringer, PreSonus, etc.). Has anybody found one that works the way I want it to work? Otherwise, I'm thinking of just getting a used DJ IO. I do not want to use (nor spend the money on) a digital mixer with a built-in audio interface.

Inviato Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 4:57 pm
I would think most if not all of the sound cards you listed would be able to be configured to simultaneously output I have an old gigaport that works that way and a newer traktor a6. Depending on how I configure the output they can do two stereo channels Or all four can output the same thing. Can you show us your audio settings in vdj?

Inviato Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 10:41 pm
Thank you DJJohnnyROX for the tip to check further. I finally figured out the right configuration for the M-Audio Fast Track Pro so it now outputs the two decks from VDJ simultaneously (see screen grab). These settings are NOT intuitive to me, as I was trying to select "USB Soundcard" (like I was used to with my DJ IO), but it turns out I needed "Computer Audio" for the Fast Track. Also, I needed to select "S/PDIF" for the channels 3 & 4 (deck 2) to work. Who would of thought to use these crazy settings!!??

Inviato Fri 24 Mar 23 @ 1:45 am
Strange setting, I would have thought out 1&2 And out 3&4 .... but if it works Great

Inviato Fri 24 Mar 23 @ 2:09 am
Actually, I spoke too soon. I thought it was working correctly, but I am getting a very weak signal from the "Out 1 and 2" but the "S/PDIF Left and Right" is perfect. So, once again, I am stuck with an imbalance issue (this time, the whole deck, not just one channel). If I make both VDJ channels use the "S/PDIF Left and Right", I need to use the fader in VDJ to mix (and that defeats the whole purpose). What's weird is that I can only get channels 3 & 4 to playback with the "S/PDIF Left and Right" setting, and I cannot see a "Out 3 and 4" in the ASIO driver dropdown. If anyone can show me a setting that works with their USB interface (and tell me their model), that might help me.

Inviato Fri 24 Mar 23 @ 4:24 am

Inviato Fri 24 Mar 23 @ 6:52 am
Yep - it looks like it is possible with those older USB interfaces. Too bad my M-Audio interface didn't have a driver to generate the proper settings in VDJ like the ones you have. At least you've given me the confidence to keep looking. (I'm leaning now towards a used Fosrite Scarlett 2i4).

Inviato Sat 25 Mar 23 @ 1:17 am
Do you get the option to use wasapi? If so try that

Inviato Sat 25 Mar 23 @ 2:32 am
Curious if you've found a solution? I'm faced with the same issue? Numark is not compatible with Wndows 11 and it's always been so good, simple, easy set up. 2 channel rca seperates the decks, Just sent back my M-Audio Air for the same reason! Thought i could just seperate L/R, to deck 1 and 2? Only way i could get it to play like that....is in mono mode! And I'm sitting here wondering what to do? Have an older VMX 1000 mixer.

Inviato Fri 11 Aug 23 @ 5:37 pm
There are plenty of audio interfaces out there. Some of them designed specifically for DJs but many more than are just a collection of ins and outs, which you configure to use for whatever you need.

I've just bought a MOTU UltraLite mk5 which has a total of 18 inputs and 22 outputs. Using their free app (which runs on smartphone, tablet or computer) you could set four of the outs to stereo pairs and send VDJ decks to those.

Inviato Fri 11 Aug 23 @ 5:48 pm
I wound up getting a used Tascam US-322 for $75 on eBay. It has a great form factor and does not need external power to run (like my old DJ I/O did). It took me about 10 minutes to figure out the correct routing, but now I have two independent stereo outputs coming out of VDJ. Plus, this interface has a host of other features and effects for digital stereo recording and playback if you need it. I highly recommend it.

Inviato Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 1:39 am