Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Shuttle SS50 - Maybe the perfect thing for portable digital mixing?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

nateHome userMember since 2001
http://www.viahardware.com/sss50rev_1.shtm

Not out yet... but it's got some real strong points for a portable mix machine...

a) svideo out - connect it to a TV onsite...
b) CMedia 5.1 3D audio - CMedia is GOOD stuff - check the review to confirm this!
c) multiple USB and Firewire ports - add your keypad controllers, firewire drives stuffed full of MP3s, etc
d) PCI slots - add SCSI, a fancy studio quality soundboard, etc etc
e) Onboard network - dump your MP3s to it real easy

I'm getting one when they come out my gawd that's cool!
-nate

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 02 @ 11:09 pm
Looks Amazing !!! Alot more practical (price wise) that a laptop. Grab your LCD screen and slip in an SB live ! card in there, and you're set.

Inviato Wed 20 Mar 02 @ 11:17 pm
I have one of these setups that i take to the clubs with me at the moment, its great. We have a 15 inch flat panel that we also take. Works like a charm. AFter you get the right heat sink to fit in it your good to go. Unfortunatley since i put a 120GB Ultra 133 hard drive in there the slot was taken up by the controller card for the ata 133 so we use an external USB sound card for the listening of the other deck. We have used it now for about 2 months or so and we love it. We got ours from fry's 3 months ago but took a moth to get all the music we had onto the drive and clean up all the files but now, there is nothing but praise for the little unti. I would recommend it to anyone.

DJ Stack

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 02 @ 12:11 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
no need for a soundblaster! good 3D audio is already built into the box :D

cant wait till these come out.. shuttle says april to may they will be available. i read the price is estimated at $350USD but that's no official. that also does not include a drive, processor, or memory.

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 02 @ 7:49 pm
Nate ... you're getting one when they're out ? Check eBay .... they might have it sometime soon.

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 02 @ 8:27 pm
You can already get the barebone units like i did, we bought them here in houston about 3 months ago so you should be able to get them now i know of some places online you can get them now, the have different versions coming out later. We have the P3 version but they are coming out with and amd and new P4 versions as well.

Inviato Fri 22 Mar 02 @ 12:11 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)