Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: I have to record a CD for a party. Give me some ideas, please..

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
After all, sorry about my english. I use to write in the spanish forum, but I want your advices.
I will describe my questions:
1-How long do I have to keep the same kind of style?
2-Do I have to increase the beats all night or I could change it when the style changes?
3-Do I have to put the best music (most popular) at the begining, at the middle or in the end of the party?
Any other ideas? Thanks...
Dj Coc

Inviato Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 9:34 pm
Here's what I do when I'm DJing:

I start off with popular music that people are familliar with at the beginning, when people are coming in you want to encourage them to get into the mood and start dancing.

You want to change the kind of style you're playing every half-hour to 45 minutes, depending on how the crowd is reacting. Changing style gives the people a chance to switch up. People that like the kind you're playing will get up and dance, and the other people will sit down for a break.

When it's starting to get crowded, or you've got the place pretty filled up you can start to expand and play not-so-famillar songs, or other styles that aren't as well known. After a while of playing some of this style, you'll want to switch to a really popular song set, to get everyone dancing again.

Later in the night you can go back to switching sets for a while. Near the end when people are starting to leave you should go back to playing a few popular songs to end the night on a high note.

That's what I do personally... of course I'm sure there are others who prefer to do their sets differents...

Inviato Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 10:02 pm
Excellent advice fom the person above, I would follow his example for a very good party. I was planning on translating his message into Spanish, but I don't think I could do it well enough...

By the way, your English is fine, no need for apologies.

Una cosa, vas a invitar a mi?

Inviato Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 1:41 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks. I´ll take your advice..

Inviato Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 8:58 pm
Don't record anything the best if you do the mix in live! (In this case you can see how people reacting, if they don't like your style you can chane it any time. One more thing, never forget: you making the music for them not for yourself!!)

Around 4-5'o clock morning the best if you put some fast song... (I was a night auditor in hotel so I know at that time everybody is very sleepy :D )... don't let them feel aslep !!!!!
For a last 20 minutes I use some slow popullar song let them get slepy :D and they'll leave with good feelings (romantic or something like that :)) )

Inviato Sun 13 Jan 02 @ 5:08 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)