Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: What should I do in between the silence or chorus.....

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Ok guys, all the good djs out there. What should i do about the silence or the chorus of the song which has no beats in it, which definitely kills the party. Should i let the 2nd song in at the begining of the silence or chorus or what should i do. Take for example RACHEL AUBURN "bass keeps pumpin," it has like about a 1 min. silence gap. What should i do there. appreciate your help guys.

Thank you

Inviato Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 7:48 am
hello,

i'm dj in a club in france.
I can tell you that a silence doesn't kill a party. if you mix tekhouse or techno, a silence is just "the calm before the storm". Some famous djs chose their vynils just because how a song starts after the "break". look how the crowd react just after a break when the beats come back...you'll understand.

Dj RobY

Inviato Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 12:25 pm
actually i understand that, but what i'm talking about is the long ones. the short breaks are really good and i've seen it at the club, (also the long breaks create good energy when the beat starts again) but what about that long gap in which the people don't hear beats and stop dancing inbetween that gap, should i try to skip part of that gap or add some beats from another song?

thanks for any help guys

Inviato Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 7:05 pm
Try adding in some samples to increase the anticipation on the floor such as a flyby or if you got a keyboard, be creative and add some harmonic buildup.

Inviato Sat 12 Jan 02 @ 1:43 am
You have couple of choices:

1 - mix itself (put the same song to the other player)
2 - if you have a time you can cut off the chorus part... (not impossible but some times difficult)
3 - or you can make a loop from somwhere else with a same bpm (only drums) and mix it during the silence...
4 - drink a coffee :D

up to you

Inviato Sun 13 Jan 02 @ 3:26 pm
Okay this is what I 'reckon.

The silence in Rachels Auburn's "Bass Keeps Pumpin' is after the main 32 anyways so I would normally be mixing into the new track anyways. This would mean that you do have beats over the "silence". But in the "silience" you talk about there are some vocals and cool "jump, jump" type stuff so I think you'd be cool.

Anyways, if you've got tracks with long build up's in 'em (Like Darude's Feel The Beat or even Public Domain's Rock Da Funky Beats, to name some commercial tunes that everyone should know :-) try and drop them in after 3 or 4 high energetic tracks so it give 'em some rest. Use your flanger or sampler (Atomix's awesome 8 beat re-loop is great for this), or if you can get a hold of that eluzive lighting guy get him to smoke/haze up the place and after holding off all night kick in the lasers and then the strobe's when you come back in, that should make it interesting :-D

I love Hard House so I can understand you. What I try and do is pull in some sound byte's from cult movies and other tracks (the build up in Bexta's One For the Road usally does the trick or E Traxx Lets Rock) but you get the picture.

But I agree with the others when I say that Hard House is ALL about the build ups and if people can't handle the intesity of some of those really long builds then let Rachel Aurburn decide!! Then again I once read somewhere that Digweed (or was it Adam Freeland?) likes to play off of a laptop/cd deck so that he can edit out those really long build ups!

Hope my rambling helped,

Rick B.

Inviato Mon 14 Jan 02 @ 1:41 pm
Had to say something on this topic. I absolutely abhor those mind-numbingly long so-called build-ups that in fact should be renamed build-downs, as everyone gets bored when they drag on and on.

For instance, playing a 'hard house' tune the other day (commercial shit, not real hard house) and there was a 2 minute, yes, 2 MINUTE chorus with nothing happening in it at all. People dancing to a tune have no choice but to stop and stand still like lemons or leave the dancefloor. A short build-up or chorus is good for a break, but try standing on a dancefloor for 1 to 2 minutes doing bugger all waiting for the beat to return, that 1 or 2 minutes seems like 10.

Best idea is to keep away from commercial tunes, whatever they claim to be and stick with the real genres. Proper hard house has no 2 minute long choruses, some hard dance does, trance is just one long chorus. The next time I find a commercial tune that claims to be hard house or hard dance, yet has the longest most boring dull breaks in them will get some abuse from me.

I remember Fergie saying a while back that most of the Hard House available today is not really hard house, but in fact rubbish mainly compiled from old samples, a lot from Techno (urgh). He refuses to play it, and rightly so. I'd burn the shit. Apparently the fumes are good...

That's me done, like it or not.

Inviato Mon 14 Jan 02 @ 2:55 pm
i just want to thank everybody who gave their opinion and help concerning this topic, it's helped quite a bit.

peace,

Inviato Tue 15 Jan 02 @ 7:36 am
You can also shorten the silence by appointing cuepoints (combined with use of shortcuts) .........

Inviato Thu 31 Jan 02 @ 7:11 pm
One pAkHome userMember since 2002
BLEH!!!! JUST INCREASE THE SPEED AND CLICK IT BACK TO NORMAL SPEED B4 THE BEATS START ...LEAVE IT ON BEAT MATCHING WITHOUT PITCH CHANGE...... :d

Inviato Fri 08 Mar 02 @ 3:21 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)