Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is there a way to export playlist --> text file?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

My question is just what's in the title :) Is there a way to export playlists to a text file?

I love that VDJ automatically makes a playlist when you finish a mix -- I'd like to post these track lists, and it would be way cool if there's a way to just export it to a text file rather than typing it all out, as I've done in the past... Thought some of you VDJ geniuses might know a way to do this ;)

Inviato Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 2:52 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
For now we simply open "History.txt" to see the tracks played in previous instances of VDJ, scroll to the bottom to see the most recent played tracks, it even has the times you played the tracks, very useful!, however you can't export playlists as texts files currently, but it would be a new feature I'd welcome too :).

Inviato Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 3:04 am
Ooooh, this is good, this "History.txt" file :) I knew you guys could offer me something! And in record time!! Thanks Bagpuss! ;)

And yeah, exporting tracklist would be a very nice feature :) But history.txt will do just fine ...

Inviato Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 3:09 am
Hey guys!

The easiest way to export a Virtual DJ Playlist is to SAVE the list and IMPORT it in ITUNES.

1.) "Save" the playlist in Virtual DJ.
2.) Right click and click "Copy to", copy it to the "Desktop".
3.) "Create" a playlist in iTunes.
4.) "Drag" the playlist you've copied to the desktop into the one you created in iTunes.
5.) "Select All" and "Copy" the whole paylist.
6.) Open Excel and "Paste" the playlist there.

Hope that helped!

Inviato Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 4:32 am
i may never forgive them for itunes and the ipod/phone/pad crap. like the man said in the song - "don't believe the hype!"

go to your vdj folder, find your playlist/tracklist that you saved, right click and select "open file with" choose notepad and open - it gives you something like this:

time played, location of file, file name.file type

#TIME:16:38
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.RINCEWIND\My Documents\My Videos\music videos\PO HOT VIDEO FEB 2011\30 Seconds To Mars - Hurricane (Promo Only No Break Edit).vob
#TIME:16:45
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.RINCEWIND\My Documents\My Videos\music videos\PO HOT VIDEO FEB 2011\Allstar Weekend - Come Down With Love.vob
#TIME:16:48
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.RINCEWIND\My Documents\My Videos\music videos\PO HOT VIDEO FEB 2011\Andy Grammer - Keep Your Head Up.vob
#TIME:16:51
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.RINCEWIND\My Documents\My Videos\music videos\PO HOT VIDEO FEB 2011\Baby Bash ft E-40 - Go Girl.vob
#TIME:16:54
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.RINCEWIND\My Documents\My Videos\music videos\PO HOT VIDEO FEB 2011\Buckcherry - Dead.vob

Inviato Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 10:14 am
BaumyHome userMember since 2011
Sorry to re start a kinda old topic, but i've tried importing it into itunes, but no songs come up in the playlist. I've seen things about editing the text file, but i have no interest in doing that for over 1000 songs. anyone know how to fix that?

Inviato Sun 04 Sep 11 @ 1:54 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
It doesn't work anymore with the latest iTunes, you need ver. 9 iTunes for it to work, I was also able to backup my .Xml playlist created in my iPod Touch and use them in iTunes, but that doesn't work anymore either, so there is no way right now to backup your playlist from your iPod touch/iPhone and no way to migrate your playlist into iTunes anymore from VirtualDJ...with the New ver. of iTunes...

I've learned that the hard way, trying to upgrade my backup iPod touch, the upgrade could not complete for some reason, so it wiped out everything in the iTouch, after much frustration I finally got it to complete the upgrade, but the backup it's suppose to do before the upgrade only backed up my contact and notes info, no movies, no apps, no video, no music and even more importantly No Play List.....

I had about 40 playlist that took me many, many months to tweak too get it right, and all my singers playlist with their favorate backing tracks, takes a long time to recontruct them,....

The backed up playlist I have don't work anymore, though they were created in my iTouch along with all my media files in one folder, they don't work anymore with this new iTunes......

So, Don't upgrade iTunes...

Inviato Sun 04 Sep 11 @ 9:14 am
This was exactly what I was looking for thank you!

Nick

jeba0831 wrote :
Hey guys!

The easiest way to export a Virtual DJ Playlist is to SAVE the list and IMPORT it in ITUNES.

1.) "Save" the playlist in Virtual DJ.
2.) Right click and click "Copy to", copy it to the "Desktop".
3.) "Create" a playlist in iTunes.
4.) "Drag" the playlist you've copied to the desktop into the one you created in iTunes.
5.) "Select All" and "Copy" the whole paylist.
6.) Open Excel and "Paste" the playlist there.

Hope that helped!

Inviato Mon 05 Oct 20 @ 6:12 pm

Inviato Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 10:51 pm
I know this is old, but as I found another solution I thought I'd help

Go to this website: https://regex101.com/r/IS8Z99/2
Copy your m3u text into it (open in notepad or similar)
The substitution should run and output you an "artist - track" list in the bottom for you to copy/paste out.

Inviato Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 12:22 pm
The solution Rune posted above is the best.
Taking it one step further, I switch off the columns I DON"T want leaving just i.e. Artist & Title, then, export browser view. This gives you an CVS file that Excel reads.

P.S. If you use "Ask The DJ", this CVS file can then be uploaded to "Ask The DJ" if you want to restrict requests to whatever lists you want users to choose from ;-)

Inviato Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 6:22 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)