Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: The Ultimate Guide to Broadcasting With Virtual Dj - Page: 7

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Broadcast is live by definition. With legit VirtualDJ Pro broadcast is possible.

Inviato Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 11:41 pm
I can't seem to broadcast my mixes. I am not sure what option to choose. i tried to broadcast from my own computer last night, and I thought i was broadcasting cuz it said it was, but It never worked. When i tried to connect to the URL nothing happens. I did a over an hour mix too. So, do I broadcast to a radio server, and If so what is the password? There's a VirtualDJ login but no PW, and genre is blank too. I am using a wireless adapter to connect to a router and i'm not blocking port 8000. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. I read the whole first page too, and I don't want to have to pay for a broadcasting license.

Inviato Fri 16 Jul 10 @ 2:04 pm
running into same probs as some of the previous people again. had it so i could send out from this comp as server and let a few friends listen in. trying to get it set up again and now it's not letting me do it. nothing has changed since first time i used vdj and comp to broadcast as server except for newer versions of vdj. have made port exception for 8000 and added 8001 just in-case

Inviato Tue 24 Aug 10 @ 2:46 pm
*sigh*.... four days later. still waitin'

Inviato Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 6:20 pm
The radio station that i dj at has 2 different Encoders. How do i set up multiple encoders so i can run VirtualDJ with the radio station that i dj at???

Inviato Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 12:16 pm
mic is on and working but when i recored or bradcast it mic volum is so low how do i turm it up

Inviato Thu 11 Nov 10 @ 8:45 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
We need a little bit more informations. ;-)

> What kind of soundcard, do you use?
> What kind of Mic do you use?
> Setting in VDJ Config -> Souncard (screenshot)
> Setting in Record -> Broadcast (screenshot)
> Did you use an external mixer?

Inviato Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 3:14 am
djdadosHome userMember since 2007
Hi, I'm a bit confused with some things. I understand that the settings you post about broadcasting from my computer are all correct. But it's all about people at the same LAN to listen to what I broadcast. That's why the .mp3 url includes my LAN ip. How can I fix it so that my friends can listen to what I play without having any legal issues by connecting to a server and broadcasting copyrighted music. I mean what should I change in my settings in order to have an "http://(IP-to-the-world):8000/VirtualDJ.mp3" url? Thanks in advance and congrats for all the help you provide to us.

Inviato Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 12:00 pm
fat0n3Home userMember since 2008
ok i am playing around with the demo but everytime i go to stream it plays for a few minutes and stops... i open all the ports that needed to be opened and the same thing happens... any ideas?

Inviato Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 11:23 am
liltegoPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I need help am broadcasting from my own computer I did the port foward on my router settings . When I put my external ip adress on my open url quicktime player i get a error and i tried the same thing at windows media player and the samething happen. On vdj it says it broadcasting but not able to here it. On the porfoward option what i need to set this too
Pre-set Port Forwarding Rule
Service Name do i put http or ftp. Please help.

Another ? I know i can broadcast with listen2myradio even though i own the music do i need permission to broadcasted live.

Inviato Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 10:38 am
What is the best way that we tell people to listen to our sets? Give them the .mp3 or .ogg link.

Also, how would they listen to the .mp3 broadcast. Seems that when they click on it...it only plays a 5 second clip.

Thanks.

Inviato Tue 15 Mar 11 @ 6:57 pm
Could we start over. I just recorded on the "broadcast" option on the left. After I recorded it, I got a message that said "You can listen by connecting to: http://128.175.131.17:8000/VirtualDJ.ogg"

When I type in the link the page cannot be found.

Please tell me step by step how to listen to what i recorded

-I'm not computer smart, so simple instructions would be best.

Thanx

Inviato Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 12:50 pm
hi, can someone tell me why vdj stops broadcasting by its self. i have to start it again it plays for sometime then it stops again and so on and on. is there anything on vdj that i can use so that it dosent stop. where it can start it self if connection drops it times out...help

Inviato Mon 25 Apr 11 @ 1:40 am
Everything ok, but WHERE I have to click to view this box????

Inviato Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 7:14 am
My apologies for bumping this old topic, but I'm having some trouble broadcasting. I'm very familiar with how to forward ports, I've gone into my router and forwarded both 8000 and 8001, however my broadcast is still not working. I get "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect..."

My ports are definitely forwarded, anyone have another solution?

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 3:22 pm
This is a router problem and verry difficult to see from here ;-)

My advise is to use a free hoster like www.listen2myradio.com
Create there a free account and insert the detail at VDJ Broadcast Config!

Then send your friends the given URL and you can broadcast easy!

Inviato Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 9:22 am
Hey help me please is to very hard for me .... i want to broadcast my music and i need help it not functioning in new version 7 ..... can you help me ple thanks and God Bless You all And TC always

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 12 @ 4:55 am
I am using the virt. dj for broadcasting our radio station online. How can I use the cross fade without the tracks fading out. When we play a drop it fades out the station name at the end or when we play our commercials they fade out at the end. We just want to mix the two tracks not fade them out. Can you help?

Inviato Sat 30 Jun 12 @ 5:19 pm

Inviato Sun 01 Jul 12 @ 2:56 am
i have just brought VDJ Pro and have installed BuTT im broadcasting though icecast due to wanting the simple switch over from live to auto dj smoothy without going into the control panel every-time we want to change...

What i hear is meant to happen is to stream to icecast through vdj connecting through BuTT...

i think i have the details inputted correct into the BuTT server and have been advised to stream fro the computer on the vdj.

at the moment we are streaming from the auto dj and when the butt connects the sound stops and goes silent. when we stop the connection from BuTT its goes back to the auto dj.

Please can someone advise...

Inviato Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 5:00 pm
95%