Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: the ultimate guide to controllers , which ones right for you , and tech help :) - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Inviato Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 7:03 pm
Niems,
thanks for the links. I first would like to try the iCdx player from Numark. If I like those, I probably buy 2 or 4 of those. Otherwise I will buy two d vinyl 2020 units.

The mapper were only the 2 dll files, which were left out of the 4.0 installation :-(. So no mapper available yet.
Ewout

Inviato Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 7:15 pm
Oh ya forgot bout that sorry...

Looks like Im going for the DAC seeing as at the moment, the dac has hundreds of customizable parameters to basically do whatever you want it to. The d vinyl looks prettier, but the DAC has a lot more powerful features at the moment

Inviato Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 4:28 pm
bjhiggsHome userMember since 2006
For the MP3 Control... I don't understand why you need a 5.1 soundcard. My current sound setup is two soundcards, one for main, one for headphones.. would this work for the MP3 contol? or do I have to switch to a 5.1 soundcard??

Inviato Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 7:50 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you can use two cards

but you need the pro edition

Inviato Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 10:28 pm
Like skyfxl said: If you have the dj console version, you are only able to select the 4.1 sound card option. All other settings are disabled. If you like to use those, you will need the full version. See here for more info about the HDC edition.
Ewout

Inviato Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 7:05 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Don't forget about the Griffin Powermate.
I use mine like a video crossfader knob, and I also use it to cycle through effects, and it works quite well with the Beta mapper Pern sent me.

I dunno if Pern is going to release the new version of his mapper, but when he does it should work even better.

Inviato Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 8:20 pm
yeh there cool :)

Inviato Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 8:22 pm
Does the griffin powermate have a push down button as well? I would like to use it as a bass crossfader when Im not in range of my mixer knobs

Inviato Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 9:00 pm
-Offtopic- Congrats skyfxl for your new status, you deserved it.

Inviato Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 7:17 pm
thanks mate :)

Inviato Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 7:18 pm
:)

Inviato Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 7:28 pm
I am trying to use Gigaport AG with Dac -3 , does anyone know how to install these to Virtual
Thanks.

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 11:43 pm
choose the giga port as soundcard

enable dac as a controler

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 9:43 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Supacon wrote :
Don't forget about the Griffin Powermate.
I use mine like a video crossfader knob, and I also use it to cycle through effects, and it works quite well with the Beta mapper Pern sent me.

I dunno if Pern is going to release the new version of his mapper, but when he does it should work even better.

I'm also working on a MIDI version of the mapper at the moment.

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 9:48 am
nice one keep up the good work :)

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 11:01 am
How much do the XP10's cost in US $$?

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 12:09 pm
RUDJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Very nice Job, Skyfxl, just need the same 4 NUO4 Ecler ;-)

Thanks a lot !!!

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 11:51 pm
some new aditions from numark ;)

NuVJ
The NuVJ allows DJs to incorporate images and video clips in much the same way as mixing music. With the NuVJ, the VJ can trigger images and video clips, add effects to them, mix them through an onboard DJ style crossfader and tweak them in order to create unique and spectacular shows. The hardware controller works seamlessly with existing DJ gear and the software is compatible with most computers and laptops. The NuVJ is simply easier, better and more affordable than any other VJ product on the market.

D2 Director
D2 (pronounced dee-squared) Director is a single rack-mountable console featuring one oversized LCD display coupled with a revolutionary user interface. The new plug and play design allows the user to simply search for music on any USB mass storage device and add songs to a single master play list. Using the single master play list, songs are automatically directed to two built-in play control surfaces, ultimately simplifying the DJ performance experience. D2 Director is complete with a ground-breaking new graphic user interface which includes real-time visuals of track profiles and waveforms. Six soft touch buttons around the D2 Director’s display screen provide the DJ with control over a variety of features such as effects, song management, and hard drive management. The D2 Director includes one USB connector on the front panel and two additional USB ports on the rear panel which can be expanded through the use of a USB hub (sold separately). The USB connectivity delivers a wide variety of music storage and sourcing options. This includes, but is not limited to, linking the D2 Director to the DJs iPod™, Memory Stick™ media, and external USB hard drives. The DJ could also add a computer keyboard for simplified song search. In addition the rear panel includes line level outputs for both players and a record input. The D2 Director supports MP3, Ogg Vorbis and AAC (unprotected) formats.

and ofcourse

Virtual Vinyl
Virtual Vinyl is Numark’s premier DJ hardware and software solution that lets you scratch, mix and sample digital audio and video files using your computer and any analog turntable or CD player. Using a traditional turntable or CD player (sold separately) and included control vinyl or CDs to control digital media content, Virtual Vinyl provides in-depth features including; master tempo, seamless looping, instant pitch matching, automatic beat-matching, BPM-aware effects, hot-cues, sampling, and more. The software includes two independent zero-latency virtual decks, seamlessly controlled by traditional 12” records that are familiar to DJs. Virtual Vinyl can play any digital audio file including; MP3, MP3Pro, WAV, AIFF, direct CD, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, MP4, iTunes (non-DRM), and more. Virtual Vinyl is compatible with music subscription services such as Yahoo! Music Unlimited, Virgin Music, Napster Music, and others. In addition to its reliable audio capabilities, Virtual Vinyl gives access to a whole new world of video mixing possibilities. Turntablists can now scratch, beat juggle and mix their favorite videos directly from their turntables. Virtual Vinyl’s video output can be displayed on any video monitor, television, projector or computer with ease. Additionally, Virtual Vinyl is equipped to play any DVD, VOB, DIVX, MPG, AVI, and Karaoke (CDG), files.

Inviato Mon 25 Dec 06 @ 12:40 am
DJShyine wrote :
How much do the XP10's cost in US $$?

299 Euro = 394.2016 U.S. dollars

Inviato Mon 25 Dec 06 @ 12:42 am
74%