Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Asio driver error - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

kotdbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have recently upgraded to the professional version of Virtual DJ (from the DJC version) and I am using v5.2. I had everything working well using a Hercules MK2 on its own and then also using an external mixer to mix in a club.

I then tried to remove the external mixer from the system and adjust the config back to using the Hercules MK2 on its own and I had trouble cueing up tracks in the headphones with the decks not corresponding to the control on the front of the Herc.

As I tried to solve this while live on air on the radio, the system came up with "asio driver error" warning and I had to shut down. Since then it has failed to work again saying the same problem exists.

I still have the DJC version on my PC and I managed to resort to using that for my radio broadcast. This version still works but the Virtual DJ v 5.2 does not work anymore always stating asio driver error. It even seems to kill winamp if I load virtual dj 5.2 while playing music on Winamp.

Do I need to reinstall version 5?

Thanks in advance.

Robert.

Inviato Sat 29 Sep 07 @ 1:42 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have you set the console to asio mode in the herc software?

Inviato Sat 29 Sep 07 @ 10:09 am
Right thanks that was the problem. Hmmm right I had ASIO set on the Herc console. Changed it back and now I can cue up in my headphones from the correct deck.

Something else weird has happened though.

I previously had a problem with the DJ C version whereby my mic was really quiet when using the headphone jack on my Herc. Broadcasting with a mic was pointless. I eventually got round the problem by plugging my mic into my laptop mic port and setting the config on virtual DJ to broadcast/record to "Master + Mic" and setting "Primary sound capture device.

This meant that it was using the soundcard on my laptop for the mic and the Herc for the mixing of mp3's. This worked great.

Since upgrading to the VDJ v5.2 this method no longer works. It doesn't pick up the mic sound from the laptop soundcard. I have tried using the herc for mic but it is still too quiet.

Any ideas what the conflict might be?

The setup in Virtual DJ config is for Inputs= None, Outputs= Headphones and hercules MK2 as soundcard. Apply EQ on external inputs = Not ticked, Output channels Master 1 and 2, headphones 3 and 4.

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 7:11 pm
on broadcasting options , choose main + mic for a standard card

and choose main + line in for the mk2 mic

Inviato Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 12:53 pm
Ok still not got this mic problem solved. I have been using my DJC version to boradcast on the radio for weeks now as I haven't had time to get this problem fixed.

I have tried all variations on the broadcasting and recording options in Virtual DJ:

Record from:

Master
Master + mic (as advised and as I use on the DJC version)
Line in

Using Master +mic if I use hercules as the input and plug my mic into that then I can hear my voice very faintly. No use at all and I think there is a fault in my herc hardware. This is the same in my DJC version.

If I use Master and Mic but the primary sound capture setting (as with DJC version) it should capture all the sound from my laptop soundcard and the mic which I plug into the laptop. But no joy.

Any ideas?

I can broadcast with the old version but I want to use the shiny new model and its lovely effects.

Cheers.

Bob

Inviato Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 11:19 pm
try master + line in

the mk2 drivers now use the mk2 mic port like a line in

not entirely sure why but it seems to work

Inviato Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 9:27 pm
The mic input port on the Hercules MK2 is notoriously underpowered in my experience (probably not preamped). For this reason, I don't use it, either. I remember reading a post where someone had performed a workaraound, but it involved opening the unit, and thus, voiding the warranty.

Have you tried Skyfxl's suggestion yet?

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 7:04 pm
Ok changed to line in.

Now I have three options:

1) Primary sound capture-

When I record this I get no music which is playing but I can hear myself VERY FAINTLY WHEN MIC PLUGGED INTO THE HERCULES. No mic when I plug into laptop.

2) Hercules Mk2-

I get no music and no mic sound when I am plugged into laptop but I do get FAINT MIC THROUGH THE HERCULES

3) Sigmatel audio (laptop soundcard) which then adds three other extra options

- Stereomix (no music, no mic through the herc and no mic through the laptop)

- CD audio (no music no mic)

- Microphone (No music, No mic through the herc but VERY GOOD MIC SOUND THROUGH THE LAPTOP)

So I get the mic level I want when set to line in, set to Sigmatel Audio, set to microphone and the mic is plugged into the laptop.

But now I get no music!!!

Can I change something in the main configuration?

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 7:35 pm
Hi guys still no further forward since my last post.

Any more things I could try?

Inviato Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 1:57 pm
hey all

i am having the same issue i am trying to use a mic in the rmx2 and broadcasting out to my radio show but its not coming through, its coming through on the master but not when i am broadcasting? is there something in virtual dj i should be doing?

thanks
Sean

Inviato Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 8:58 pm
Hi,
I read all the comments so far, but here is my issue. I have Vista Home on an HP, seems like everything loaded ok, but I turn on the Virtual DJ and I get "ERROR on ASIO DRIVER". I have downloaded just about all the suggestions, even downloaded Asio4all, uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing works. I use the same port each time, so no miss there... The entire equipment from computer to Hercules RMX is all new. I am sending it thru a Mackie 1202....What am I missing... I would appreciate ANY HELP from ANYONE who has the answer. After that then I will resort to saying that this software is JUNK if everyone is having so much difficulty with it.

Helppppppppppppppppppp.

I am at my wits end and I have a gig in 3 days.

Bob.

Inviato Sun 03 May 09 @ 7:21 pm
In addition, without the Hercules RMX attached, the system without it works fine. I need it for mixing and cueing, or I would do without it. So any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Inviato Sun 03 May 09 @ 7:24 pm
hava07Home userMember since 2010
hallo !
can soewone help me ?
i have VIRTUAL Dj and , when i open it it says "error in the asio sound driver"
and when i click "OK" the computer shut down.
i dont have any tuntables , nothng... i just mix with my mouse .
and i dont know how to fix it
plaese help me!

Inviato Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 8:41 am
Can Anyone Help? I Use VIRTUAL DJ PRO and A Pioneer DJM-5000 Mixer. When Using ASIO Drivers I Am Getting Interference In The Sound When I Scroll The Screen It Is Worse When I Drag The Side list Up And Down, I Get A Crackling Sound When I Do This, Also Sometimes When A Song Is Playing I Hear Crackles And Clicks. Please Can Someone Advise Me On How To Get Rid Of This.

Inviato Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 6:26 pm
hello Richard1965,

To improve the audio quality:
1) Disable the wifi on your computer, wifi takes so much CPU power it damages the sound
2) Disconnect the internet and stop the anti-virus
3) Increase the ASIO buffer size.
4) Precise your configuration, a detailed technical information on your computer is needed to understand a technical problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Dimension 5150 - Core Duo 3 GHz - 2 GB RAM - XP SP3 - DJ Console Rmx & Mk2, DJ Control Steel with 2009_HDJS_4
MacBook 5.1 - Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz - 2 GB RAM - Mac OS 10.5.5 - DJ Console Rmx & Mk2, DJ Control Steel with 1.77 drivers)

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 8:56 am
Hi,

Can some one please help. I've been using NS7FX for like a year. I sold the turn table cos i needed some cash and just got a new one today.

I use virtual DJ PRO. The problem now is whenever I change my settings to asio, I always get the error message

"Error in the ASIO sound driver: Your soundcard is probably not connected, or the settings are incorrected"

Please someone help so that i know if it's the hardware or i'm doing something wrong. I never had this problem before.

Inviato Fri 08 Mar 13 @ 11:03 pm
Hello I recently got a new Laptop that has Windows 8.1 on it but when I downloaded my Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx I am getting an error message about the drivers. Help how do I fix this problem

Inviato Fri 13 Nov 15 @ 2:09 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
@toppcatt2000

You are getting an error message when trying to download the drivers OR when launching VDJ ?

Did you install the drivers following these instructions ?

http://ts.hercules.com/download/sound/txt/DJ_Series_INSTALLATION_PC_EN.pdf

Once done, was the controller enumerated and installed properly, as described in this document ?

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00411.pdf

If this is all correct, please also indicate which version of VDJ you are using.

If however your controller is not installed correctly, then be aware that a powered USB hub my be necessary for your controller to be enumerated properly on this new computer (as indicated on the download page).

Inviato Fri 13 Nov 15 @ 12:37 pm
hi I was using virtual dj 7.4 and 8 on my pc together with my ddj ergo v controller on win 8.1 pro and everything was fine. But now after upgrading to win 10 pro I get this message: fail to create asio driver.... after playing with the configs controller works but can't listen to headphone as before and can't use asio. Any help plz urgent thx

Inviato Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 4:25 pm
You should check the Pioneer web site to see if there is a new Ergo V driver for Windows 10.

Inviato Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 6:56 pm
95%