Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Slow Loading Songs

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

TonNekPRO InfinityMember since 2007
On occasions while using VDJ, I find that it literally takes mins. for songs to load and if you don't let the song load fully, it won't play properly. This is horrible if I'm in a mix and the songs won't load or play. Any idea of why this happens?

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 3:24 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What are the lengths of the files you are trying to load ?

Are they already analyzed before you try to play them ?

Have you downloaded the Registry Tool from the plugins section and turned on the Speedload setting ?

What is your Max Load setting in the Config -> Options tab ?

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 4:31 pm
They are regular songs anywhere from 3 to 6 mins.

Some are analyzed and some are not.

I'll download it right now and try that.

What should the Max Load setting be? I haven't changed that from the original settings.

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 7:27 pm
10min or 15min is typical -- but I use Always.

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 7:41 pm
Ok thank you very much I'll see how these changes work!

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 9:32 pm
Out of curiousity what are your system specs??

Inviato Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 12:04 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I too am seeing this. P4 2ghz 1gb memory.

Optimized W2K w/ DMA access on the drives.

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 4:09 am
ewitles wrote :
I too am seeing this. P4 2ghz 1gb memory.

Optimized W2K w/ DMA access on the drives.

Your issue may be due to the fact that you need at least Windows XP for VDJ to function properly:)

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 9:53 am
Please speak up - my VDJ install on XP did not hear you.... :)

It is also installed on my main MP3 server (where I do all my ripping and tagging). Same thing on that PC as well. It's a P4 running XP SP2.

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 1:37 pm
Maybe I misunderstood your post when you said "Optomized W2K" That to me would be Windows 2000, so u do have XP, did you try setting the Speedload in the registry editor tool?? I have a few that load slow myself and if the speedload is unchecked they load slow by default after video files, but the speedload should make them load faster.

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 8:51 pm
It takes almost 5 to 7 seconds to load a 3 min MP3.

Speedload just loads a portion but cannot 'scan along' since there is no waveform.

VBR/CBR does not matter.

FLAC seems to load somewhat quickly. I'll hafta check again.

Task manager shows 100% CPU until it is done.

Don't recall seeing this in 5r2. Even reloaded tracks take a couple seconds.

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 9:18 pm
You are describing normal operations and your assessment of speed load is incorrect.

5 to 7 seconds is not uncommon for a load and pretty much standard.
100% (Really about 99%) CPU until load is pretty standard during the load process.

Speedload is the difference between a more subtle load to memory and just a direct dump. Its a difference in how the development team by default put some cautionary steps in place (process management) so there would be less performance impact when using the video features of VirtualDJ. If you are not using video then you may not really see any large differences in Speedload on or off.

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 9:54 pm
cstoll wrote :
You are describing normal operations and your assessment of speed load is incorrect.

5 to 7 seconds is not uncommon for a load and pretty much standard.
100% (Really about 99%) CPU until load is pretty standard during the load process.

Speedload is the difference between a more subtle load to memory and just a direct dump. Its a difference in how the development team by default put some cautionary steps in place (process management) so there would be less performance impact when using the video features of VirtualDJ. If you are not using video then you may not really see any large differences in Speedload on or off.

My appologies sir

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 12:10 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You have different things which can influence the loading speed:

* CPU speed
* memory used (RAM, size of RAM, Virtual Memory)
* RPM of you HD
* access to your HD (fragmented files or fragmented Virtual Memory)
* warmness

For example, a transfert in RAM will be faster than a transfert in the Virtual Memory (Swap file)

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 12:19 am
Hi Guys

I am seeing this a lot on several different machines that I have tested ....

Specs 1Gbyte Memory
SATA and ATA133 IDE
AMD64 & Xeon processors

I would like to point out that the same MP3 will load in windows media player on the same machine with no problems!!!!!

This has got to be down to the technic that is employed by the developers as OTSDJ, windows Media and vurtually any othe system that doesn't use the base code for Virtual or PCDJ works fine including the video support!

Come on guys iisn't it about time this issue is addressed playing an MP3 file can't be that hard to do and require much resources .....

I have had one test machine that I installed with PCDJ FX years ago and that seems to be fine but every version of PCDJ VJ since & Virtual DJ has had this problem even my HP w6400 workstation with SCSI & SATA drives, dual XEON processors with one dedicated to VirtualDJ running XP sp2 & XP64 sp2 still grinds to a halt!!!!! with the strange problem . . . .

Inviato Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 4:40 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)