Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW VERSION] version 5.0 revision 5 - Page: 4

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

i'm so yesterday ....... i only checked out the forum from the club a bit sporadically ( yesterday ) and didn't see the new rev 'til just now ......thanks dev team and thanks for listing the revisions ......

i'm probably just dum , er dumb but the search related fixes .....i had noticed over this past weekend that i could actually cause lingering sluggishness in the software by doing a lot of searching , recursing , and analysing while on the fly .......it actually would react slowly to mouse clicks and then it would get slow to load trax ....... i couldn't get it righted until the crashguard appeared .... the recover option worked well and only slight problem was i lost the current playlist .......then it returned to normal

there is a question here .... would that be covered by these new revisions i hope ?

can't wait to try it , if i can shoehorn it in b4 i go back to the club at noon today ( sun , mon tues wed i have a brutal schedule ) otherwise i gotta do it tonight or tomorrow .... :(

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 12:30 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
just updatd to rev 5. it has the same problem with that video as rev 4 :(

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 3:13 pm
DJFS

May be worth letting the team do a remote analysis of you computer.

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 4:29 pm
idmkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

Could someone please reccomend the best performance settings when using the Hercules MK1 soundcard with VDJ 5 rev 5 ?? I'm not using any time code CD's or Vinyl, only using Midi controllers.

My current settings under windows XP are :

Latency 512(11MS)
Overclock ON

Basic Interpolation
Optimised for QUALITY
Simple Algorhythm

Master Tempo FAST

Please reccomend if i should adjust anything, I only use VDJ for Audio mixing.

Thanks

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 4:37 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
"Don't cha wish your DJ, could mix like me?" "If you ain't got video, take your broke ass home","Got Video", and my favorite for one of the new guys that relieves me, "Ask your next DJ, if he has video or is he just a music player".

I like these... I might have to play this on video screen for this weekend... The other DJ uses RED with no controller, mono splits sound. Many of his portion of the crowd has switched to my night.

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 8:43 pm
Has anyone experienced any crashes with this latest version?

For me it's played out sooooooo nice. The last time I used VDJ like this was in 3.4 No crashes no glitches not stutters, no nothing. Man this is freaking sweet.(Knock on wood).

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 9:35 pm
kingdonPRO InfinityMember since 2007
weres rev 2 gone from the download center want to try rev 5 but rev 4 gave me problems dont want to get stuck

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 10:06 pm
it crashed 3 times on me last night at the bar

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 11:45 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

I've got a big sound issue, see my post if you want. Thought rev 5 might sort it out but No.

Jimmy b

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 11:50 pm
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :

Jimmy b wrote :
I've got a big sound issue, see my post if you want. Thought rev 5 might sort it out but No.

Are you both talking about Rev5?

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 12:06 am
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :

Care to elaborate, maybe we can help.

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 12:26 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Yep, I'am.

Jimmy b

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 1:21 am
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
chriso710 wrote :
DJFS

May be worth letting the team do a remote analysis of you computer.

i've gave them the file and i think it didn't work for them either. still waitin to here.

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 1:26 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djfs - sent you a reply to your eTicket.

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 2:07 am
Mantahoe wrote :
Has anyone experienced any crashes with this latest version?

For me it's played out sooooooo nice. The last time I used VDJ like this was in 3.4 No crashes no glitches not stutters, no nothing. Man this is freaking sweet.(Knock on wood).

The wood didn't help.

I'm having problems fellas. I'm considering dual booting into XP.
Problem is a known issue. Music on playing deck skips while song is loading on other deck.
Current config is:
Vista Ultimate(32bit) on an HP 1.7G(Dual Core), 2GB RAM, 256 dedicated video RAM.
All my music is on an external hard drive.
This issue is only happening when playing mp3's. I figure if it's not acting right with mp3's, there's no point in going to videos yet.

I haven't made any changes since the first time it played gracefully. Haven't even gone into options until it started hiccuping. < question about this is why there is no consistency in the way VDJ plays. Somehow we have to go back into the settings to switch something.

Settings.
-I have max load set on always, I've tried to set it to none, no luck.
-Performance slider is all the way to the left with buffer set to auto. I've tried with different settings, even as far as 1024ms & it still skips.(Very questionable)
-I'm using the U46DJ.
-I have tried messing with all the settings i.e. with safe mode & over clock on or off.
-even tried with speedload on or off in registry.
-At first I had all my music on the internal hard drive because it is partitioned. I got the skipping so I moved all the music to external but didn't help.

Good thing is that VDJ hasn't crashed even once & my timecode signal is on a constant 100%.
Let me know if there are any other settings I can try.

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 6:25 pm
B-U-M-P

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 1:44 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :

Care to elaborate, maybe we can help.

see the other threads about it. There are other users reporting a large amount of crashing with rev5

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 9:55 am
KayleHome userMember since 2003
before we go all grim reaper ,

4 users out of 1 million on the forum reported this

2 of those where caused by external issues

lets not get carried away now..

im sure they will all get helped out soon too :)

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 1:55 pm
Ok that's great there is another new Rev. BUT if I can't even dowload it still what good does that do me. It'd be nice if you guys could just have the link for it on your site instead of using something like simtel downloader which apparently doesn't work too good. Just my opinion.

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 4:16 pm
Hi
I have some proplem when i play m4a files from ITunes. I just drag and drop this files into the automatic playlist and push the AUTOMIX button. After a while when the program mix an mp3 song to m4a song I got an error message. I got the error message alvays when a mp3 crossing an m4a file.

/Karrobarro

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 12:40 pm
82%