Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: .mkv files

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Will .mkv files play in VDJ with a codec installed, and if so can someone recommended a codec?

Gary

Inviato Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 7:33 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yes they will, I personally use the Haali splitter, which is included as part of the CCCP which is what I use for most of my codecs :)

Regards,

Scott

Inviato Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 9:00 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi Scott, thanks for that. I've bever heard of CCCP before. I have ffslideshow installed and always been ok with that. Is the CCCP reliable? Could I uninstall my other codecs and just use the CCCP? (I prefer to have as few as possible installed)

Any other people use CCCP that can tell me about it too would be appreciated :)

Gary

Inviato Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 10:04 am
CCCP includes newer version of ffdshow as part of it; it's just a bundle. I personally use just that, along with oggcodecs and quicktime alternative.

Other people will have other preferences - this has always worked for me so I've stuck with it (if it ain't broke don't fix it LOL)...

Inviato Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 11:01 am
It's not free, but Corecodec delivers the best decoder IMO, very fast and very low CPU usage compared to FFDshow and the CCCP stuff..

Inviato Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 11:42 am
Also try this:

Settings > codec tab > Add... > Extension: .mkv ; Decoder: Video Decoder ; Press OK. Now try...

Inviato Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 7:33 am
paulheu wrote :
It's not free, but Corecodec delivers the best decoder IMO, very fast and very low CPU usage compared to FFDshow and the CCCP stuff..

But isn't CoreAVC just for H.264?

Inviato Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 9:32 am
mkv files will not play smoothly for me. I have all of the required codecs, but for some reason vdj doesn't like this format. Anyone else?

Inviato Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 2:34 pm
I have changed the File ext to AVI and played them....odd

Inviato Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 6:19 pm
Not odd really. Because AVI files are associated with VDJ's internal decoder, it treats the MKV just like it would an AVI file. (MKVs are supported with the internal decoder in 5.1)

Inviato Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 11:01 pm
SBDJ wrote :
paulheu wrote :

But isn't CoreAVC just for H.264?

Yes. Most music videos available on the internet in the MKV format use X.264 as the video codec and MP3 for the audio. Virtual DJ plays both of these formats so you can just use the internal decoder which works fine. Actually, since version 5 (not sure on the exact version, maybe 5.1) my Virtual DJ only appears to work with certain containers (mkv, flv (not tested mp4)) if I use the standard Virtual DJ video decoder.

Inviato Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 12:58 pm
VDJ does not need extra codecs to play MKV files and others ,just select VIDEO DECODER on Codecs Tabs

Now some MKV files are hard to play or will slowdown the system..i will recomend to get Prism video converter (is free,just google it) and convert the mkv into any other..this PRISM app is the best...i vas searching for long time something easy and faster to convert MKV and this is the solution.

I hope this help..
Gino Roggiero

Inviato Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 8:51 pm
Yes, some MKVs are very high resolution which will not play with a smooth framerate if you don't have a killer system.

Inviato Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 6:53 pm
CCCP works great slight flicker like he said from the hi-res...thank you for the nfo...
keep mixing

Inviato Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 4:09 am
Man this is the problem i had all the time! each time i play mkv files it was really slowing my laptop!

what do you think its the best extension to convert video files to? wmv or avi?

Inviato Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 5:22 pm
AVI

Inviato Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 8:34 pm
GaryBr wrote :
Will .mkv files play in VDJ with a codec installed, and if so can someone recommended a codec?

Gary

You don't need anything..!

Inviato Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 1:46 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Erm, def looking like one for the record books this one.... everyone has gone home

Inviato Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 4:44 am
Elvis has left the building.

LOCKED BY AMAHM

Inviato Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 12:20 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)