Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Karaoke plugin, New to karaoke... - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I am looking into doing karaoke. I use VDJ all the time to DJ, but I keep hearing about a plugin for karaoke and there being a waitlist for singers. Where do you get this, I can't find it. When I open VDJ and go to effects I see the word Karaoke on there, but when I highlight it there is nothing there to actvate and what not. Please help...

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 4:08 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you must have your karaoke files selected for vdj to see them, ie the drive that they are in and folder, also you need to activate it (centre box) and then make use of the other three windows to the right and above of this box

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 6:04 pm
When I click on Karaoke, there is nothing that says to activate it, and the other 3 boxes are not there.

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 7:07 pm
Hmmmmmm...Odd. Is video enabled? Is "show karaoke" ticked in the browser? What version are you using?

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 9:46 pm
I am using Version 5.2, and I did tick the show Karaoke. I have to check if video was enabled, but pretty sure.

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 10:48 pm
I am using Windows XP with nVidia 8600m GT video card. I get video freeze when I use hardware excelleration, but video still play no problem. I dont understand why this would havppen. Works fine on my desktop with Vista.

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 11:05 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Inviato Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 5:46 am
sas2005PRO InfinityMember since 2005
What is the advantage of using the karaoke video effect? I rip my CDG + MP3 karaoke files to my hardrive and play them like any other track. They show up on the video output just as you would expect.

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 7:45 pm
Check out page 54 in the manual for a detailed description. In short, it sort of works as a rotation manager with some added features onscreen. I like it on the whole :)

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 7:56 pm
I looked through every manual for a detailed description of the karaoke video effect and could not find anything beyond the mention that the software will play karaoke files. For instance see VDJ User Guide Version 5.0 Revision 4 page 50. Any suggestions on finding more detailed instructions would be helpful. Thanks,

Inviato Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 11:58 am
I can't get it to work, so I am just going to buy a karaoke program like Roxbox or Compuhost. They actually let you customize the display, have a filler music option, and full singer management. Thanks for the help on this issue guys.

Inviato Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 2:30 pm
@sas2005
You can find the 5.1 manual by clicking here.

@jimspinnin
Sorry you couldn't get this sorted out :(

Inviato Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 4:34 pm
Thank you very much discjockeydoc. When I clicked on my Karaoke video effect and activated it, it was pretty easy to operate. But now I know Wiki exisits which is great!

Inviato Sun 10 Aug 08 @ 9:09 pm
sas2005 wrote :
Thank you very much discjockeydoc. When I clicked on my Karaoke video effect and activated it, it was pretty easy to operate. But now I know Wiki exisits which is great!

Yes, it's a great new feature of the VDJ communty!

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 08 @ 5:47 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tayla wrote :
you must have your karaoke files selected for vdj to see them, ie the drive that they are in and folder, also you need to activate it (centre box) and then make use of the other three windows to the right and above of this box

hehe, if you had read this at the top of the page it may have saved you sometime, glad your sorted now anyway

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 08 @ 5:51 pm
HOW I CAN TAKE OFF THE AUDIO FROM THE VCD WHEN I PLAYING ON VIRTUAL DJ KARAOKE

Inviato Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 7:45 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, firstly turn off the caps;)

Do u mean mute the vocal n just the music playing from karaoke VCD?

Use the Balance stereo/mono plugins.

It could be found here.

Regards.

Inviato Thu 21 Aug 08 @ 8:23 am
GraomiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I am having the same problem as Jim.

When I click on the karaoke plugin the activate button is blank and no other controls. I am in a karaoke folder, karaoke is selected in the browser and video is active. Have tried reinstalling vdj v5.2 but no change.

Am using a Toshiba A300D Laptop
Dual Core 2.1GHz
3GB Ram
ATi HD340 256 dedicated graphics
Directx 10
Vista Home premium

Would like to get this sorted before the end of the wek if anyone has any ideas??

Cheers

John

Inviato Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 7:36 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I assume you've installed the latest DirectX runtime libraries?

Inviato Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 7:59 am
GraomiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
OK, managed to sort it.

I installed directx9 aswell as 10 and that seems to have resolved the issue.

Cheers

John

Inviato Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 8:03 am
74%