Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to get the bpm's saved [SOLVED] - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

vealoPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi it seems that whenever i go back in to virtual dj after shutting it down the bpm's of nearly all my songs are gone?? any advice as to how to fix this??

many thanks

Inviato Fri 03 Oct 08 @ 10:22 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi vealo, u using leopard by the way?

Set your vdj folder in my document to permission - read and write

And it is solved;)

Regards.

Inviato Sat 04 Oct 08 @ 4:28 pm
imacaluPRO InfinityMember since 2008
and for preventing error messages while loading files, do the same with your music folders.

Inviato Sat 04 Oct 08 @ 11:39 pm
thanks for advice spinna. i have changed the permissions on virtual dj to read and write. and i have also done the same to my music folders however they are still not saving. i am not using Leopard i am running it is a mac osx 10.4 . this is really bugging me. also after i remove other folders from my favorites they same to appear gain. it's just not saving anything.

Inviato Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 7:48 am
guys i deleted everything to do with vdj on my computer and i have now realised that i deleted the original home-edition i was using. i upgraded from that to pro. when i click on the vdj icon it just goes straight in to the program. should there be other options or not?? i hope this makes sense.

Inviato Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 11:19 am
Hi vealo..

U indicated u using home edition aka djc edition??? R u using pro version via bootcamp or solely on tiger? What format is ur hd?

Yes if u click on the icon, it would straight away open up the program and what the other option u lok into.. sorry but i kinda lost in there:(

Do give us more info..thanks.

Regards;)

Inviato Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 11:46 pm
i am using tiger yes. and no it is soley on my mac no bootcamp. the home-edition i got came with my mk2 controller and i used that for around 6 months. i have now uprgraded to the pro-edition. i have deleted all information to do with virtual dj from my computer and then re-installed pro-edition. that however did not work. i have also changed everything on the computer to read-write and this did not work. any more help would be great

cheers

Inviato Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 4:08 am
i now have the problem that my internal database is corrupt. what do i do. i re-installed the original mk2 home software i received and since doing that my database is corrupt. help please help. i have a party in 2 weeks and need this fixed .

Inviato Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 2:47 pm
Hi, that is not good to hear:(

Do u have a very large amount of tracks? If not, I would suggest for u ONLY to reinstalled the VDJ pro on ur mac. Do not installed the home version. Upon opening ur pro version. Reanalyze a few track first and see whether it is saved. If it worked then u make do it for all song;)

As u using tiger.. it is ok to have ur disc to read only. Read n write is for user who using leopard. Also wat is ur hd been formatted? internal disc (for the application) and the external (for media)?
Delete also ur preferences files before u reinstalled.

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist

Regards.

Inviato Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 1:16 am
Hi, that is not good to hear:(

Do u have a very large amount of tracks? If not, I would suggest for u ONLY to reinstalled the VDJ pro on ur mac. Do not installed the home version. Upon opening ur pro version. Reanalyze a few track first and see whether it is saved. If it worked then u make do it for all song;)

As u using tiger.. it is ok to have ur disc to read only. Read n write is for user who using leopard. Also wat is ur hd been formatted? internal disc (for the application) and the external (for media)?
Delete also ur preferences files before u reinstalled.

Regards.

thanks for reply spinna.

i will just download the pro version then and see if that works. the media and application is all on my internal hard drive.

last night i also messed up by deleting part of the main music folder that is on the left hand side toolbar on the macintosh hard-drive. i realised what i was doing and stopped half-way through. now most of my songs in i-tunes do not work and i canot get songs from limewire to itunes. i think i may have to re-install both and just start from scratch. oh dear.

would you suggest using and external hard-drive for the media instead of keeping it with the application on the internal hard-drive??

Inviato Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 3:58 am
vealo wrote :

would you suggest using and external hard-drive for the media instead of keeping it with the application on the internal hard-drive??

If your a dj NO. I would suggest a back up on the external but the less you have to carry to a gig the better.

Inviato Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 1:01 pm
Yes using the external for media and at least have a back up external too. Nowadays external hd are cheap. You can have some media on the internal but try not to have it abundant sharing with the application in a disc. I'm a dj too and having external is not a pain to carry for gigs in the club or going mobile. If possible get the 3.5 one with the external power adapter rather than 2.5;)

Inviato Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 1:16 pm
hi spinna i have recovered all of my important songs that i thought i had lost which is good. so any ideas how to get these damm bpm's to save??

i am using mac osx 10.4 tiger. any advice would be great!!! i have changed everythig to read and write and is still not working??

cheers

Inviato Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 3:36 pm
right then spinna i have downloaded all of the new software for my mac. i have done ezactly as you said in relation to the read and write stuff and still no help at all. the only thing i havnt done is tried putting the music on an external hard drive and loading it from there. any more ideas??

i know this isnt your fault but this is when i feel really let down by virtaul dj as a company because i pay good money for their proudcts and there is no direct contact to them for support. i ameailed them 4 or 5 days ago and have still received nothing. considering we pay good money for these products it is not good enough in my opinion.

also how do i go about deleting those preferences??

sorry for my dumbness i am still quite new to my mac:)

cheers

Inviato Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 9:33 am
You delete the preferences files which is located as below.

Hope this helps;)

Inviato Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 9:59 am
sorry to be annoying but where are these files located???

sorry to be a noob. lol

cheers

Inviato Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 10:13 am
No problem...it is ok to ask;)

1. Go to finder.
2. Ur username.
3. Click library.
4. Click preferences.
5. And there u may find the preferences files which looked like this....com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist.

Regards;)

Inviato Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 10:19 am
Spinna you absolute legend you. it is now all fine and working. the solution to the problem was to buy an external hard drive and have that as my favorite folder. thank you so much for your patience and understanding spinna. this guy deserves some sort of award.

thanks alot

Inviato Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 3:30 pm
Glad it is sorted...now enjoy;)

Inviato Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 4:03 pm
BPMs saved for every Mac OS!!!! 100%
1. Download the program Tangerine! (It automatically gets all the BPMs for every song in Itunes).
2. Under file in Tangerine! go to Export BPM values in Itunes.
3. Open Virtual DJ and load a song that wouldn't save.
4. Close VDJ. Open VDJ and the track you loaded should have the BPM still saved!!
The few songs that save the BPMs In VDJ, have the BPMs saved in Itunes under the Get Info option on every track. 10000% Guaranteed!!

Please respond to tell me If it worked for you!! Good Luck!!

Inviato Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 8:46 pm
91%