High CPU usage caused by audiog.exe
In order to fix the high CPU usage, disable the audio enhancements provided by the audiodg.exe file. To disable the audio enhancements, please do the following:
- Right-click the speaker icon in the lower right corner.
- Select Playback Devices from the menu. A list of devices should appear on the screen.
- Double-click the device that has a green checkmark. The properties windows for that device should open.
- Click the Enhancements tab at the top.
- From the list of enhancements, uncheck all of them, or click the Disable all enhancements checkbox.
- Click the OK button to save your changes and close the window.
- Click OK to close the Playback Devices window.
Return to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)...