Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is Version 6 database compatible with version 7?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have been using VDJ Pro version 6 (latest update) on Windows XP.

All my music/video is on external USB hard drive.

I recently aquired a Windows 8 laptop and this has VDJ Pro Version 7.4 on it.

When I play audio files which have "linked video" on 7.4 Win8 the video link which was assigned in 6 WinXP dissapears when I load the track into the deck.

I can re assigned the "link video", but when I play it on the version 6 XP laptop it dissapears again.

Then the other day I connected the hardrive to the Win8 laptop running 7.4 after using it for a gig on the XP version 6 laptop and it told me the database was corrupt.

I "fixed" the database, but add to re-add lots of tracks.

However the next time I booted up the Win8 laptop Windows told me there was a problem with my hard drive and it needed to be scanned and fixed.

I tried it on the XP laptop and Windows ran check disk on boot up, found no errors,but every boot up check disk would run.

So I queried the "dirty bit" (When Windows marks a hard drive to say it needs check disk running) and it came back as "Is Dirty". So I ran check disk from within Windows and it cleared the "dirty bit" and fine since.

Two questions, firstly is there compatibilty issues between 6 and 7 which can corrupt the database?

Secondly would a "corrupt database" cause Windows to flag the disk as "dirty"?

Inviato Sat 28 Sep 13 @ 9:27 pm
The filepaths changed from XP to Vista so you need to open the data base in a text editor "notepad" is fine, and use find and replace or ctrl + h.

find: C:\Documents and Settings\[color=red]YOUR NAME\My Documents\Music[/color]

replace: C:\Users\[color=red]YOUR NAME\Music[/color]

your filepath might be a little different, I don't have XP to check so make sure you check the filepath in the browser before you change it. And make sure you backup you database before you change anything, just in case something goes wrong.

Inviato Sat 28 Sep 13 @ 10:07 pm
synthet1c wrote :
The filepaths changed from XP to Vista so you need to open the data base in a text editor "notepad" is fine, and use find and replace or ctrl + h.

find: C:\Documents and Settings\[color=red]YOUR NAME\My Documents\Music[/color]

replace: C:\Users\[color=red]YOUR NAME\Music[/color]

your filepath might be a little different, I don't have XP to check so make sure you check the filepath in the browser before you change it. And make sure you backup you database before you change anything, just in case something goes wrong.

Thank you.

My music is not on the internal drive, it's on an external USB and I dont use the standard Windows My Music structure. I use my own system :

Music
Video
CDG
VCD
Visuals

Then split the music folder into date folders when I add music and the video is Mixmash and Promo Only so uses their folder name structure.

Last night when I was working using the XP laptop with VDJ6 (I still haven't got the Win8 VDJ7 laptop reliable enough for work yet) I checked my "recently added" and noticed that I had some old tracks and some recent tracks in there, which is what was lost when the database corrupted and got re-added. They seemed to be random i.e. not from any particular part of my collection.

I still believe VDJ7 must structure the database differently as everytime I "link" a video to an audio file on either the VDJ6 or VDJ7 laptop, when I play it on the other it removes the link.

Plus when I batch scanned new music for BPM (VBR from Amazon) on VDJ7 every now and then it would stumble on a particular track and stop with "critical error in file : ....mp3", but scanning the file on it's own resolved this. I believe that this is because the VBR track appeared to be over the max load time until it was analysed? However VDJ6 will scan anything without issue?

Plus I am concerned as to why Windows 8 has marked my hard drive for a Fix and Check Disk. Having checked Windows Event Log on each laptop this happened on the Windows 8 VDJ7 laptop around about the time it corrupted the database. Could VDJ reporting a corrupt database make Windows believe that the hardrive could have an issue i.e. is it set to tell it this?

Inviato Sun 29 Sep 13 @ 4:39 am
then I'm not sure sorry. I have everything on internal drives. Hopefully a teamer will chime in with the answer.

Inviato Sun 29 Sep 13 @ 5:27 am
Database for 6 & 7 is the same. If you look at the XML file on the ROOT drive of your HD, you swill see "VirtualDJ Local Database v6"

Inviato Sun 29 Sep 13 @ 2:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Indeed the ver 6 and ver 7 databases are compatible/identical.

But for the linked video path, it could be path sensitive, cant recall. So if the letter of your external drive is changed, there is a possibility that the software can not find the video.
So i suppose, if you change the letter that Windows 8 have assigned to your external Drive, you should be fine.

Inviato Mon 30 Sep 13 @ 12:18 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)