Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 - Login and License - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Virtual DJ 8 - Login and License

Virtual DJ 8 requires a login in order to verify your license, rather than using a serial number or license code.

I'm not going to get into EULA - you can read that here.

But this basic:
You can install VDJ8 on two machines (per Pro license).
You can have both machines running at the same time in case of an error with your main machine.

Login Process
When you open Virtual DJ 8 for the first time you will be presented with a Login Screen.
You can login using your VDJ Forum ScreenName or your registered email address - the password is the same for both.

Once you are logged in your software unlocks all Pro Infinity features.

If you leave this machine running and login into your backup machine you will be asked to Login again (as above) and this too will
unlock Pro Infinity features. Your First machine will be unaffected.

If you then close VDJ8 on your BACKUP machine and re-open it - it WILL NOT ask you to login again, as this
was the last computer recognised by the Virtual DJ Servers.

BUT - if you close VDJ8 on your MAIN machine and re-open it - YOU WILL be required to login again.

If you do not have a backup machine and only use 1PC/Mac - then providing you do not logout manually in the config menu, you
will NEVER have to login again.

What if I don't have internet access on my main machine?
A solution will be provided by the Support Team when VDJ8 is officially released.

Virtual DJ Pro Subscribers
You will be required to connect to the VDJ servers (internet) at least once every 30 days to validate your license. If you do not do this you run the risk of you Pro version becoming a FREE home version without the Pro benefits.

This 30 days policy DOES NOT apply to Pro Infinity Users.

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:43 pm
PERFECT DAN! Thank you for summarizing and clarifying!

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:46 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What is the difference between pro & home?

Reason, I used to have 3 copies for my need. My ripping station that keeps the master library. Does not need pro features but would be helpful if it remembers the settings.

But would use that to make edits (track cleaner) and of course, update the master library and assemble the must plays for upcoming events. If that's the case, then I won't even need to activate it.

Main laptop has the 'official install'. That's my go to unit. Then a 2nd laptop w/ vjd installed.

Honestly, I think this is very fair to keep the bad guys at bay. Just keep the VDJ servers up and running. :)

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:28 pm
The differences have not been offically announced yet. But i would imagine the Free Home Version would work in the same way as before. But for your purposes the FREE version is more than enough. The only thing i am unsure of is whether the editors are available in the Home Version. Everything else should be good though.

There will be a full comparison available soon - to display the differences between HOME FREE, CONTROLLER LICENSE and PRO INFINITY.

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:31 pm
As a backup plan I have observed that when you login VDJ8 creates a "license.dat" file in My Documents/Virtual DJ.

When you logout this file is deleted.

For backup purposes (please advise moderators if this advise is not allowed) in case you accidently logout, once logged in make a backup copy of the license.dat file and store it in a safe place on your gig PC and should you accidemtly logout, you can copy and paste the file back into the Virtual DJ directory which will log you back in.

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:05 pm
or just login, and it creates it again ;)

(but sure if the vdj was logged out, and you cant log in due to no net, a backup file would work)
But one shouldn't log out in the first place, from your dj pc, just let it vdj be logged in, regardless if your net disconnects or not ...

(you said accidentally though, but its quite hard to do by accident.. but yeah, would work your backup way true)

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:19 pm
Accidently is possible if you forget or dont realise the consequences of logging out i.e. assumed that login/out was done offline.

Or deliberately as in somebody fiddles with your computer whilst you say go for a whizz. Especially somebody who is familiar with the issues it will cause.

I dont see why the logout button needs to be there in the first place, there is no benefit to logging out, just hassle. It's not really logging out, it's basically deactivating one's license. So why would anyone want to press it.

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:28 pm
A security measure will hopefully be added to the log out option.

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:29 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have my main laptop....a backup laptop....and my desktop

The way I used 7 was do all my cues on the desktop and playlists since its easier to work on a 28 inch screen :)

Then before a gig I would turn on my laptop and back up and sync my database files to each of these computers.

Under this new way am I going to need to purchase another license since technically I am using 3 PC's.

If I am logged in on my desktop and I close it and then open my Laptop and backup laptop and sync my database files...when I get to my gig am I going to have to be connected to the internet I guess is my question?

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:32 pm
stardustkaraoke wrote :
I dont see why the logout button needs to be there in the first place, there is no benefit to logging out, just hassle.

The logout button is very handy for multi-ops where each DJ has their own license, a club/bar situation where the system stays in one location or if your computer dies and you need to borrow a buddies for the night who is also a VDJ user. I'm sure I could think of more examples, but these are the 3 that came to mind first.

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:37 pm
NAWTBOY wrote :
Under this new way am I going to need to purchase another license since technically I am using 3 PC's.

The EULA hasn't changed regarding number of machines. It has always been 2.

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:47 pm
stardustkaraoke wrote :

somebody fiddles with your computer whilst you say go for a whizz. Especially somebody who is familiar with the issues it will cause.

while its true that some one with bad intention can f* up your setup, I do think this example is a bit far fetch ..
If someone wants to screw you over, they wouldnt stop by VDJ not having a logout, they can unplug your power cord, they can format your drive and a gazillion other things...
Even change your Windows/Mac password and log out of the OS itself .. its easy

But this scenario is so unlikely, and so little to do with VDJ, and what a VDJ serial could prevent .. if someone really want to mess you up, they have a billion other ways ;)

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:52 pm
That is very true, which is why I try never to leave my laptop or indeed any kit unattended when it's in use, and am also very reluctant to leave it stored anywhere unattended either.

Plan well enough and you won't need a toilet break when you're DJing (unless maybe it's very long gig).

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:06 pm
or too many beers!!

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:07 pm
No alcohol when working for me.

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:09 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
You may have been blessed with a larger bladder than most. There how, however, some medical conditions that effect the frequency of using the bathroom.

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:05 pm
Sorry to hear you're suffering Terry.

(joke)

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:07 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
or too many beers!!

....and it gets worse as the night progresses, hehe!

Inviato Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:33 pm
So wait...here's my situation....

I open V8 at home where there is an internet connection before a gig, so I can analyze my new tracks, set cue points, etc...
I then close VDJ, and power down the laptop so I can place it in my gig bag...
I go to the club or gig (where there is no internet connection), and fire up VDJ...

Will I be forced to log in in order to use the full license, because I powered down the laptop and closed VDJ, because according to the OP's post:

Quote :
BUT - if you close VDJ8 on your MAIN machine and re-open it - YOU WILL be required to login again.

Inviato Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:11 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
No you won't be asked to login.

Inviato Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:12 am
12%