Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Screen flashes when I load/play songs in Virtual DJ 2021
First off...WOW! I LOVE the new Virtual DJ 2021. It's amazing!

A little weirdness though. Apparently it downloaded completely separate from Virtual DJ 8.

The really weird part is that the screen flashes each time I load a song. Like several flashes as if my computer is trying to connect an hdmi cable to a TV

I use a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series with an I7-7500u processor - 12GB RAM (11.9 usable) 64 bit system.

Maybe I've set it up incirrectly?

Inviato Wed 15 Jul 20 @ 10:15 pm
If it's flashing during the stem analysis with the mathengine, it sounds like your graphics card driver.

What's your graphics card and are the drivers up to date?

Inviato Wed 15 Jul 20 @ 10:23 pm
Intel HD Graphics 620
128 mb vram
6gb shared (i'm guessing this is the issue?)

Inviato Wed 15 Jul 20 @ 10:32 pm
No, VDJ won't be using your GPU if that's what you have. Try again with mathengine disabled and see if it still flashes. Also try with experimentalskinengine off/on.

One other possibility is the skin you're using. New skins tend to use vector graphics, drawn by VDJ.

Older one use bitmaps. If the flashing is happening on a vector skin, try using a bitmap skin.

Inviato Thu 16 Jul 20 @ 7:33 am
I saw the mathengine disable in another thread and it worked. TY

Inviato Thu 16 Jul 20 @ 6:49 pm
If you do want to use stems, you can always precompute the files then turn the mathengine off again.

Looks like you have a good CPU so why the stems analysis is affecting your graphics when it must be using CPU, I don't know.

Inviato Thu 16 Jul 20 @ 7:27 pm
I was having the same problem but your suggestion worked thanks

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 7:56 am