Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: NS7II // Ongoing Issues with Platter Speed
I'm not sure why these two bugs in particular keep cropping up but they are annoying and basically have me ready to end my subscription..

#1 .. super slow start up. Not like the 'startupspeed' setting is wrong but like the software is having "trouble" starting the platter up, and this is a bug because it only happens SOMETIMES - then it goes away and then it creeps back up again and I can't get rid of it.

#2 .. I updated just now in the hopes that the update would sort out the #1 issue but now I have the returning bug where one of my platters is running quicker than the other one even if the same song, same bpm is playing one of them (seems like the one that starts 2nd) runs faster than the other, again this is a bug because it eventually goes away.

#3 .. sidenote, sometimes after playing for awhile backspinning sounds terrible - basically like all of these bugs are linked to the platter rotation it would seem.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I want to update this. It seems like Calibrating the NS7 worked for SOME reason, I can't imagine why this helped; https://www.numark.com/kb/article/1798 .. but the bug is gone for the moment.

Inviato Wed 05 May 21 @ 12:56 pm
Do you have motorWheelInstantPlay turned on?

But if you mean the physical unit is damaged, and the motor sometimes doesnt work properly in hardware and uses a very long start up time, that might be hardware related

And if its an old unit, and motor is not behaving properly (in hardware) it could also be cause of other issues mentioned.

Inviato Wed 05 May 21 @ 1:10 pm
Ah you found a calibration of the motor.
Hopefully that helps yes...

Being a motor, its a lot that is hardware based, so thats why it might have helped ..

Inviato Wed 05 May 21 @ 1:10 pm