Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: CDJ export does not update cues after modification in VDJ
Hi,
I'm relying heavily on the VDJ export feature when using my Pioneer CDJ. Export works well, but I read that when making making modifications either on CDJ or VDJ, these modifications are automatically synced.

This doesn't work for me. Modifications like e.g. adding/deleting/replacing cues are not synced anymore after the first export. The only thing that gets updated are playlist modifications.
So, not automatically synced and neither synced when I do a full export again to the same USB. When I do the export the another USB, then I see my changes. When I make new new changes and export again, then it doesn't work anymore.

So, it seems that only an initial export works.

Anyone else noticing this behavior?

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 22 @ 4:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I just tried and works for me.
Actually did 2 tests.

A.
- Created a new USB in CDJ Export with a few Tracks having their HCs.
- Closed VDJ, opened the USB with Rekordbox, HCues were there.
- Closed RB, opened USB with VirtualDJ, loaded a Track from the USB Playlist
- Added a new HC
- Closed VDJ, opened the same USB with RB, the new HC was there.

B. Same test as above, but this time i added a new HC to the Track located in Hard Drive (the same Track i added to the USB).
then connected the USB.

Closed VDJ and opened USB with RB. The new HC was there too.

TBH i tried the above with just a few Tracks, so maybe the size of the USB database matters.
Can you try to reproduce with a much smaller Playlist ?

Remember, there is no need to re-export or do any further steps for the USB to be synced, as long as you have the options below enabled..

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 22 @ 1:45 pm
Thank you for your reply @djdad

I did some testing with a newly formatted USB. Initially it didn't work. Then I thought I found the culprit: I unchecked and reactivated the sync parameter again. I initially exported 5 playlists. First 2 playlists were syncing correctly after modifying/adding/deleting HC. Playlist 3 and 4 were not syncing. Playlist 5 synced correctly. I exported playlist 6. This one wasn't syncing anymore. Neither did playlist 7, nor 8. I checked several tracks within the playlists.

Playlist 9 was different again: the first track I checked synced correctly; the next 5 tracks didn't sync.

Then I closed VDJ and retried some tracks that failed before. This time they synced. But after about 3 tracks, the sync stopped again. Closed VDJ again and retried. Sync worked again.

So, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work.

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 22 @ 3:57 pm
My experience is very similar, for me it does not work for larger playlists (500-600 tracks) or when I have many playlists (more than 4).

Is there some way to force it apart from recreating the whole USB from scratch from VDJ every time? I write down on paper what I did on the CDJ to be able to recreate it on VDJ.

Inviato Mon 04 Jul 22 @ 11:06 am