Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Denon MC7000 Fader 1 moves Fader 1 & 2
MC7000 Fader 1 moves Fader 1 & 2 in Virtual DJ

Fader 2 was snapped some time ago. The fader still worked if inserting the prong into the slot to slide the plastic part that’s inside the fader. The MC7000 has been on loan to a friend for over a year, it’s just come back to me and now when moving fader 1, fader 2 in VDJ moves as well.

I’ve got it in bits and intend on ordering and soldering in a new fader however, I don’t think the issue is the fader, I remember it still worked when sliding it.

What else could this be? Is there anything I can test? Any ideas feedback appreciated.

Thank you

Inviato Sat 17 Sep 22 @ 5:04 pm
mitchiemasha wrote :
MC7000 Fader 1 moves Fader 1 & 2 in Virtual DJ

Fader 2 was snapped some time ago. The fader still worked if inserting the prong into the slot to slide the plastic part that’s inside the fader. The MC7000 has been on loan to a friend for over a year, it’s just come back to me and now when moving fader 1, fader 2 in VDJ moves as well.

I’ve got it in bits and intend on ordering and soldering in a new fader however, I don’t think the issue is the fader, I remember it still worked when sliding it.

What else could this be? Is there anything I can test? Any ideas feedback appreciated.

Thank you

Unless it's 100% hardware based (and I don't think it is), you can check the MIDI commands coming in, and see if it's from one or multiple faders.
You do that in the little midi box in the mapper window:

Inviato Sun 18 Sep 22 @ 5:50 am
klausmogensen wrote :
you can check the MIDI commands coming in, and see if it's from one or multiple faders.

Yes, thank you Klaus

I've checked this and moving the fader just displays "Volume" and the value, all faders the same, there's no fader 1, 2, 3, 4. No new entry for moving a different fader.

Inviato Sun 18 Sep 22 @ 10:11 am
Oh, ok. So you are not getting 2 different informations on the 2 decks?
Then VDJ is hiding it because it already knows it's upfaders, and is deck aware
And I guess you can't see if you are getting 1 or 2 midi codes "per move", since it's a fader

In that case you may need to use something like MIDI-OX to monitor the actual midi codes being received
It's a free tool, and you can get it here:
http://www.midiox.com/

Inviato Sun 18 Sep 22 @ 11:43 am
You're a star Klaus Thank you

Inviato Sun 18 Sep 22 @ 2:34 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
you are getting 1 or 2 midi codes "per move", since it's a fader

I can confirm that midiox is showing 2 midi codes for 1 fader. fader 1 is midi channel 1 and 2. midi ox displays a stream of 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 when sliding up fader 1 (which is the 2nd fader along on the Denon).

Thank you

Inviato Sun 18 Sep 22 @ 3:05 pm
New Fader ordered, lets see what happens. If anyone does have more info, please let me know. Thank you

Inviato Sun 25 Sep 22 @ 3:10 pm
In case anyone else stumbles upon this issue. I've replaced the fader and everything is now back to normal. This must be standard behaviour!

Inviato Wed 28 Sep 22 @ 3:23 pm