Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PCDJ Scratch...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Inviato Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 3:06 pm
I think this is the year where we expect all professional dj software to have a proper vinyl interface now; one of the major positives for virtual dj is it has been through numerous revisions with user suggestions (e.g. smart, relative and absolute modes {although other software had this already}) and we know the dev team give some thought into our suggestions - the visual waveforms are also far better than any other program.

Inviato Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 3:11 pm
PCDJ scratch has been around for a long time even before VDJ incorporated TC for scratching. The thing about it is it was not very good at that time, and so it never really took off. Unless they have made some SERIOUS CHANGES, i don't really see it being a threat.

Inviato Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 4:40 pm
The video is (c) 2004, so this isn't so new?

Inviato Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 5:09 pm
@djreggieward

You didn't click the link, this is version 2. It is interesting how they developed the vinyl. It isn't time coded. Very interesting.

Inviato Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 6:41 pm
Andrew87 wrote :
The video is (c) 2004, so this isn't so new?

It must be timecoded "There are approximately 155 totally unique physical position stamps per rotation of the record" if it wasn't, the needle drop wouldn't function correctly in absolute; it also requires 4 ins / 4 outs.

Inviato Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 6:58 pm
I own it. It was aweful. Just a write-off for me.

Inviato Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 9:10 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
this product is old , there newest additon is the pcdj vj

Inviato Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 9:49 pm
It has the same issues all VRM products do. It uses a modified msPinky engine at it's core which IMO is better then the current TC implementation in VDJ... It also sounds better.

But it is let down by poor development and is in fact no longer being worked on.

Inviato Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 10:31 pm
@ Andrew87

Read the description. According to them, there is a different method used other than the normal time-coding used by VDJ and others (which is why I posted it in the first place.) Please read it more carefully. And for everyone saying this is old, look a little closer, this is version 2 of their TCV. I just got the announcement in my email today which is why I'm sharing it with the group.

Inviato Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 12:23 am
gotta give them props for an original name?

or did ssl steal it from these :P

heck with it, VDJ is king!! :D

Inviato Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 12:31 am
PCDJ scratch actually entered development around 2002. there was talk at the time while final scratch was being tossed back and forth, that stanton may develop the next PCDJ including scratch, etc... they were pretty much the only two timecoded vinyl products out there really being worked on, then came a few others... i'll give them this... they did jump on it way early, but unfortunately it never really worked worth a crap....

My copy of scratch is actually sitting on the floor in my office, as I was playing with it again the other day....

unless there's an update I don't know about... this software as far as I'm concerned is an unfinished product.

Lookin' forward to the PCVJ though... both companies are promising big things....

I've learned to expect nothing, because In 3 1/2 years of waiting for updates that are right around the corner, that's all I've seen......

Inviato Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 11:35 am
djderricke wrote :
@ Andrew87

Read the description. According to them, there is a different method used other than the normal time-coding used by VDJ and others (which is why I posted it in the first place.) Please read it more carefully. And for everyone saying this is old, look a little closer, this is version 2 of their TCV. I just got the announcement in my email today which is why I'm sharing it with the group.

But considering their video says (c)2004 rather boldly, this statement cannot be taken as fact.

Inviato Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 4:33 pm
Just an update to version one that has been out for some time. All it did for me is make my system crash. One of the reasons I went to VDJ and have been spinning for several years now, since Automix...

Inviato Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 5:41 pm
djderricke wrote :
@ Andrew87

Read the description. According to them, there is a different method used other than the normal time-coding used by VDJ and others

It's just a different timecode format. In fact you can read about it in depth on the msPinky site which is what it is based on. What's different is that it has (slightly) more timestamps (or timecodes if you like) per rotation and the engine can read the timecode in either absolute or relative mode plus forwards and backwards. Most others, including VirtualDJ's afaik, cannot read timecode (absolute) while moving backwards, only the records directions and velocity.

In all honestly the msPinky timecode is the absolute best available right now. It's just not supported too well on PC, with the exception of djDecks.. IMO overall (software/timecode) it's Serato which rules supreme..

Inviato Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 7:08 pm
I bought it when it was first released... of course they did that pay now in advance for a discounted price... pay before you even ever get it to test it out or see what other people's experiences are with it. It was a nightmare to set up.. you had to have a phono pre-amp in order to use it. I had to go out and find them and then use my 4in and 4 out soundcard to get it to work. Pretty much the same as VDJ. But I have to tell you. I used Final Scratch before and then PCDJ released theirs.. and then Serato. After playing with all. Serato ruled. But NOW... after playing with VDJ and using since the January '06. I have my best experiences with VDJ hands down.

PCDJ was a let down after let down on promised NEW products with pay in advance marketing that killed me. I have every DJ software they released. This one was my last disappointing purchase with them.

Ver. 2 sucked too.. I downloaded and tried it... it has been version 2 for a while.

Inviato Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 10:28 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)