Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can't resize screen at all
Hi, I'm having an issue, and I'm losing my mind over it, I tried everything already, but nothing seems to work.

What I'm trying to do is basically resize the Virtual DJ screen. You may ask why I want to do that and my answer is: I VJ, so I play with a music video, so if I have an external screen connected to my laptop and I open VDJ, then I load the video clip to the deck, the video opens on my laptop screen and VDJ controllers open on the external screen. So I need to resize VDJ so I can drag the video clip to the external monitor and drag VDJ to my laptop screen, but it won't let me do that.

The only turnaround I have for now is: open VDJ with HDMI disconnected, load the first video on the deck, then plug in the HDMI. This makes the video open on the external screen. But if I accidentally disconnected the HDMI and reconnect, the video shows up on the laptop monitor and when I reconnect the cable the VDJ controller is on the external monitor.

And basically, the resize screen button doesn't work at all, nothing happens when I click it.
I'm running it on an HP laptop, win11. I tried to uninstall, I tried to update drivers and etc, but nothing works.

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 10:39 pm
Are you using the default skin ?

A few things to take into account:
1) VirtualDJ should typically stay on the left monitor. So, if VirtualDJ moves to the second monitor, do this:
Close VirtualDJ and open Windows Display settings.
Connect the external screen/projector.
Configure your screens order so that projector/external display is on the RIGHT side.
Also while you are at this window, make sure that your laptops screen is set as primary display (when both displays are connected)

2) On all applications it can happen that their "windowed" size is the same as the "maximized" size.
So effectively, even if you can't see the window change it changes state. In windowed mode, you can move the mouse around the borders and grab them to resize the program. In maximized mode you can't.
On default VirtualDJ skin you should be able to grab the window around all edges, but start by trying the lower right corner. If the program is in "windowed" mode it should allow you to drag the edge to resize it.

3) VirtualDJ holds your preferences about it's window size and position inside it's own settings.
So, open settings, search for "videoWindowPosition" and click the X icon on the right. This will reset all stored VirtualDJ window placements. Restart VirtualDJ for changes to take effect.

4) Video output window can be just doubleclicked to maximize on screen / get restored to windowed state

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 11:00 am
All of a sudden I have the same issue. Tried what is suggested but it doesn't work. I can't move or resize the vdj screen. Have done windows update. Uninstalled reinstalled. Using win 11 on surface pro 6. Was working fine a couple days ago.

Inviato Sat 09 Dec 23 @ 2:23 am
Rubbish forum. Exactly how long do we have to wait for a reply? Waste of time...rubbish!!

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 24 @ 2:52 am
options: touchScreenMode off :)

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 12:59 pm