Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Seeking for a suggestion
Hello VDJ Community,
I hope this message finds you well.

I wanted to reach out to share a bit about my DJ setup - it consists of a DDJ1000 controller, my trusty laptop, and Virtual DJ software.
While this setup serves me well, I occasionally find myself in venues that don't quite match this configuration. Specifically, I've encountered situations where the club or bar lacks the familiar setup I'm used to.

Given that most Pioneer DJ consoles are compatible with Virtual DJ, I'm reaching out to seek your expertise. Specifically, I'm looking for suggestions or hints for a common setup I often encounter in clubs: 2 CDJs and an analog mixer without pads.

My question is this: are there any hardware solutions available that would allow me to seamlessly integrate a set of 8 pads x channel (like in controllers or digital mixers) into this setup?
I could bring my controller, but if something is available it would be fantastic!

Your insights and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I'm eager to hear from you all.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards!
F.

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 9:06 am
If I understand you correctly, you don't take the DDJ-1000 to venues. You are just taking the laptop and using the CDJs in the venue to control VirtualDJ - but you want to add pads.

You can add any USB pad controller. Some (i.e. Akai MPD218) have native support but it's easy to map pads.

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 9:17 am

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 9:23 am
Dear GROOVINDJ thanks for your reply....Exactly I dont want to drive around my controller when possible, but having a setup which allows me to use pads (Stems, cues, samples, effects etc etc).

I need further clarification here:

I should connect the Akai (or similar) to my laptop
Midi map it with VDJ
and how I connect the two CDJs and the mixer?

Thanks for explaining!

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 9:24 am
Dear PhantomDeejay thanks for your reply, I saw it but it's actually a little too much expensive for my budget now!

Thanks!

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 9:25 am
How to connect CDJs and a mixer with VirtualDJ:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/clubsetup.html

Then you use the CDJs as a controller (to control) to VirtualDJ.

If you get a DDJ-XP2 as well, you just connect it on a USB port on your laptop.
It is preconfigured to work out of the box with VirtualDJ, but you CAN remap it if you want to.

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 9:27 am
Dear PhantomDeejay thanks!

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 9:31 am
DJ Faber Zee wrote :
Dear PhantomDeejay thanks for your reply, I saw it but it's actually a little too much expensive for my budget now!

Then, IMHO, you should be patient for some time, save some money and get it later, rather than getting something that's half built for purpose.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing AKAI for instance. But a "generic" (or "sampler") pad controller is not the best option for what you're after. These controllers are best suited for other kind of users/needs.

So, my personal advice: Instead of getting something that won't satisfy you 100% today and getting what you should get in the long run, you should wait, save money and get what's right for you. At the end, it will cost you less!

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 9:33 am
Definitely...having a 100% Pioneer setup is far better!
Thanks!

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 9:36 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Using the vdj remote app would be a very cheap solution until you buy the hardware.

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 1:07 pm
If you happen to have a tablet laying around.. :P
Because otherwise, I think the costs start to compare directly! :)

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 1:53 pm
DJ Faber Zee wrote :
Loco Phantom thanks! I could use my phone too which is very cool...need to try it!

Inviato Mon 29 Apr 24 @ 5:29 pm