Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: problem with prepared stems 2.0 The audio of the song gets lower
wafam93PRO InfinityMember since 2023
Hi Guys,

When using prepared stems 2.0 the general sound of the track gets lower when reducing the "Vocal" "instrumental" or "beat" EQ's. This happens when the value of these EQ's (Vocal, instrumental and beat) are between 100% to 70%.

The laptop I am using is a quite good one so this shouldn't be a problem: MSI with Intelcore 7 10th gen.

The stems have been working fine until this march this year.

I have tried everything I can. Is there anything I am missing here?

Inviato Mon 06 May 24 @ 12:51 pm
I am also experiencing the same issue

Inviato Mon 06 May 24 @ 9:09 pm
user21262150 wrote :
I am also experiencing the same issue

Yea, have you solwed the issue or know what that might be ? 😕

i just downloaded vdj on another laptop of mine, the problem is still there. So the laptop isnt the issue here i guess. 😒

Really hope to get some help here

Inviato Tue 07 May 24 @ 6:56 am
I can't reproduce that

I just tested in on an instrumental track with prepared stems, and when toggling the none-existing vocals on and off on the stems pads, there is no change in the audio or audio volume

Prepared stems are always stems 2.0, so the bleed settings, which are stems1.0 only, are not in use
A possible exception to this is if some of your prepared stems are survivors from Stems 1.0. Then they won't have the prepared stems icon "badge", and then you probably want to re-prepare them

Inviato Tue 07 May 24 @ 7:14 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There's no problem here, that's how ezRemix eq works.
As a dial approaches 100% it starts to solo that stem [lowers the other stems]

Inviato Tue 07 May 24 @ 7:18 am
Also bear in mind that if you remove part of the audio from a track then the overall level will reduce (because you took something away).

In other words, if the bass is 25% of the track, when you remove the bass, the total is now only 75% not 100%.

Inviato Tue 07 May 24 @ 9:51 am
klausmogensen wrote :
I can't reproduce that

I just tested in on an instrumental track with prepared stems, and when toggling the none-existing vocals on and off on the stems pads, there is no change in the audio or audio volume

Prepared stems are always stems 2.0, so the bleed settings, which are stems1.0 only, are not in use
A possible exception to this is if some of your prepared stems are survivors from Stems 1.0. Then they won't have the prepared stems icon "badge", and then you probably want to re-prepare them

Hi,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Mabey I wasn't clear in my post. The issue is not the pads. the pads works fine, it's just when I use the EQ's to lower the "Vocals" mixing in stems for example, the total volume of the track gets lower when its between 70% to 100%. Just look at the picture so you will know what I mean.

When it's within the green area where from the picture the total sound of the track gets lower somehow.

Inviato Tue 07 May 24 @ 1:29 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I repeat

locoDog wrote :

Inviato Tue 07 May 24 @ 1:40 pm
locoDog wrote :

That's an interesting thought but I haven't encountered this problem before and I have been using mixin in stems many times before. As mentioned the total sound of the track gets lower BETWEEN 70% and 100% but when its 69% for the "vocals" lets say the track volume gets back to normal but the "vocal" part of the song gets lower naturally. This also accours for "instru" and "beat".

I don't think this problem is what you think.

Inviato Tue 07 May 24 @ 1:48 pm
groovindj wrote :
Also bear in mind that if you remove part of the audio from a track then the overall level will reduce (because you took something away).

In other words, if the bass is 25% of the track, when you remove the bass, the total is now only 75% not 100%.

That is true, but the whole sound returns to normal again when the stems are on 69% . I understand what you are referring to, but the problem is when using the EQ's for "vocals" "instru" and "beat" and reduce it to let's say 69% the sound of the track gets higher...

Any thoughts about this ?

Inviato Tue 07 May 24 @ 1:53 pm
Were you able to fix the issue? The only solution I found was to simply delete and remove the prepared stems of the specific song and use the Reduced Quality Stems.

Inviato 3 days ago @ 1:35 am