Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV wear question

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I just had a question before I go out and buy the TCV and software.

How is the wear on the TCV? Is it the normal 200 plays give/take? And that also depends on the needle and the way take care of it.

Thanks for your time.

Inviato Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 4:35 pm
I never considering 'wear and tear'. So I second this question.

Apparently there's still no stock so I'm just patiently waiting for the TCV's. How are you obtaining them?

Inviato Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 5:43 pm
If you dont drop a nail on them they should last much longer than 200 plays
Just learn to track lightly(If you have a good turntable)
Here's is good tip :Cut some waxed paper and put under your slipmatts
Andre

Inviato Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 7:32 pm
putting wax paper under the slipmat is something I've done for years and I own most of my stuff on vinyl although normal wear and tear under normal circumstances is 200 give/take. after this periode is when you can start hearing the crackling sound of old vinyls, skipping, etc.

I am still waiting for the time coded vinyls to become available so I have not tried any out and wanted to know this information as to know if I need more then 2

thanks

DJ White Devil

Inviato Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 8:41 pm
I don't think you need to worry about wear and tear- because the TCV doesn't isn't putting off the music itself- the computer and software is. All the the time coded vinyl does is give the software the time code, so when you WOULD start hearing little pops and clicks like the old vinyl sound- you won't hear it with the time code. the only way the time code wouldn't work is if you completely demolish the record itself. In other words- it doesn't matter if the timecode sounds shitty...as long as the software can recognize it, your good- and i think it'll take ALOT MORE than 200 plays to wear it down to that condition.

Inviato Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 9:52 pm
Ok thanks a lot TechnicalDJ

I'll pick up 2 TCVs and give it a shot when they become available. In the meantime I'll purchase VDJ and wait among the rest of us who are waiting for the TCVs.

DJ White Devil

Inviato Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 10:32 pm
no problem

Yeah- you really won't regret getting the timecode vinyl- it's the craziest thing since the 1200. A really great piece in the DJ's toolbox

Inviato Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 11:38 pm
plus.. the TCV are double sided.. so thats at least 400 plays :D

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 1:24 am
double sided like the Final Scratch? (Side A: 15 mins / Side B 3 tracks of 5 mins each)

if they are both 15 mins that saves to the need of multiple TCVs since if one side skips you can just flip and use the other.

Thanks for all the information, its greatly apreciated!

DJ White Devil

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 1:38 am
I wish we can edit out previous posts although I will explain the reason why 1 side would have three 5min tracks.

the 15 min side would be for long mixes and the three tracked side is for scratching.

reason there are 3 tracks is because you get less gravitational pull when your on the inner most track as opposed to being at the outer edge. So the closer the needle is to the edge, the more chance your needles can skip due to the increase of gravity. So for scratching its best to use the inner most track and have less chance of your needle jumping around.

I know it sounds weird but its something you learn after a few years of mixing and scratching with turntables.

Best regards

DJ White Devil

PS that last bit of advice is for all the beginners who are learning to scratch. Take it from someone with experience hehe ;) (yes I have scratched a few records as well as broke a few needles due to this (cheap needles))

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 2:03 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)