Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: OT: Remixing

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi-

Just wondering what you are using for remixing. I have been told Reason is good for instrumentation and Sonar is good to put the package together. Then someone else told me to get Live by Ableton.

Anyone have experience/advice on any software? I am open right now and wish to get a good start.

Thanks.

Inviato Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 11:56 pm
I think Ableton is used more for live remixing while reason would be good for studio remixing. I've used both- and BOTH are extremely powerful and do what they do very well. It would be up to you to decide if you're going to be doing live remixing or more studio work.

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 12:07 am
It would not be live, I prefer to have remixes finished in advance.

Basically, I would like to take a radio edit or an a capella chop it up add a beatbox, bass, and various synths and put the whole thing back together. I was told Reason could not do that by itself, either Sonar or Live would be needed as well to accomplish this.

A one stop shop software solution would be ideal for me, but it needs to sound good.

Thanks for the reply TechnicalDJ.

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 12:23 am
hmm thats kinda true i suppose, reason can do what your after, but you need some good refills, and the .wavs for your acapella alreadyy chopped, my personal software of choice for this kind of work is fruityloops. it pretty much has everything under one roof...

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 1:23 am
Personally for remixing I use Reason for the samples although when it comes time to put everything together I use Acid Pro 4 for the many tracks and effects it offers.

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 1:42 am
Acid pro5.0 and Sound Forge7.0 for editing
Andre

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 9:32 am
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
flstudio cant be beat for remixing.
And use Native Instruments Battery and Absynth for drum samples and synthesising

steve

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 7:48 pm
I am pretty amazed that there is not a clear consensus. I think FLStudio (Producer edition) and Live are my most serious contenders right now, Acid seems more like a loop program so not as interesting.

I takes a while to learn a program of this complexity so I want to download the probable best. I am still looking for comments, rants and raves.

Thank you.

Inviato Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 2:49 am
i love mixing

Inviato Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 9:21 am
how are you guys.?? hehe

Inviato Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 9:22 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)